Accessible Exhibition Design Workshop
There’s so much to consider when planning, curating and delivering an exhibition, and with 1 in 5 Australians identifying as a person with disability, accessibility is a key component.
In this expert 90-minute workshop, we’ll cover everything from budgeting and consultation to programming and experimentation.
Learn how to ensure the accessible design of:
Exhibition Content and Items
Label Text and Design
Audio-visuals and Interactives
Physical Access and Accessible Tours
Colour and Lighting
You’ll also be provided with a useful checklist so you can apply practical solutions to help your exhibition be as inclusive and accessible as possible.
Be motivated by examples of accessible Museums and Galleries from around the globe and draw insights from wide-reaching resources and videos.
Accessible Exhibition Design is not only achievable – it’s essential!
This workshop is 90 minutes. Prior to the session we’ll send you links to resources you can refer to before, during and after the workshop.
- 90 minutes
- Prior to the session we’ll send you links to resources you can refer to before, during and after the workshop.
All sessions are delivered using the Zoom online conferencing platform (Zoom links are provided following booking)
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop.
- On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request for all training. Please advise of your access requirements upon registration. Please note that we require at least 4 working days’ notice.
Find out more
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 9251 6499.
Image credit would go: Artwork - Get Comfortable / Uncomfortable with Unsolicited Advice created by Amy Claire Mills & Josie Young. Installation view, Out of Order exhibition, Granville Centre Art Gallery, Sydney. Photo by Document Photography.
Image Description: A photo of a quilt suspended from the ceiling in a gallery space with low light. The quilt is shiny with bright colours and states 'Chronically ill person takes unsolicited advice and is cured immediately', with text on a red background.