Active Hope Study Group (6-weeks online) Symbiocene
Active Hope – Nourishing Our Capacity to Act for Life on Earth
Our Active Hope book journey is a shared process to deepen community and resource ourselves in addressing concerns about the world.
Active Hope guides readers on a transformative journey designed to strengthen our capacity to act
for life on Earth. While reading the book alone can bring great benefits, the empowering journey is enhanced by
the company of others.
“If the world is to be healed through human efforts, I am convinced it will be by ordinary people, people whose love for this life is even greater than their fear.” - Joanna Macy
Our online sessions involve guided practices and meditations, and sharing and reflections from reading the book and participating in the activities.
- Start up: Wednesday 26th October 10am -12noon and runs for 6-weeks (World clock-Time converter)
- $150-$180 (6 x 2-hr workshops x $25 ($150) per session or $30 ($180) The tiered pricing structure allows those with greater means to provide more generous community support. BONUS OFFER for $180: 1hr zoom 1:1 with Deb on any Greensong topic.
- 1 x $60 supported ticket for Kinfolk is available. Please contact for other support options.
A portion of the profits goes to support not-for-profit organizations as noted.
- Suitable for ages 18+
- Max 6 people per group (min 4)
- Please try to ensure that you can commit fully each week to allow group trust and depth of bonding. This is a study group with a commitment rather than a book club.
- Please book your space early as places are limited to maintain a safe space for honest and fully present participation.
- The commitment involves reading and homework practices to try with another participant, a friend or a partner in between sessions. See more INFO, FAQs & book links.
- Please order your Active Hope book ASAP in case of delivery delays or obtain a digital copy. You do not have to start reading until you receive an email about 2-weeks prior. There is the option of borrowing a book also, pls contact.
- The confirmation email contains more details and you will be sent a 2-week reminder of the reading requirements for our first session.
Deb Punton - Greensong is an ecopsychologist, (not a psychologist) environmental educator, and permaculture
landscape designer. For the past 2-years, she has facilitated SOS (Sustainability of Self) groups on-line and in-person
focusing on transitioning sensations related to living with the challenges of the climate and ecological emergency. She practices sacred activism and is passionate about building our relationships with our more-than-human world. Please contact if you have any questions or what to know about other HAPPENINGS with a deep ecology, natural systems thinking approach.
#activehope #theworkthatreconnects #ecoanxiety #goodgrief #climatecrisis #ecologicalemergency #joannamacy #ecoresilience #climateemergency #climategrief #climatection