AI Chatbot: Friend or Foe?
A workshop series for EVERYONE working in education, delivered by Tim Moore.
Following on from his hugely successful keynote at MSCA's 2023 Grassroots Conference, Tim Moore is back to inspire attendees and expand the conversation about artificial intelligence technologies in his workshop, 'AI Chatbot: Friend or Foe?'
ChatGPT and other language generation models are revolutionising education around the world. As this technology quickly becomes ubiquitous, education leaders are wrestling not only with its rapidly evolving capability but also with the unfolding implications associated with it. Developing cohesive, ethical, and pedagogically sound responses to these questions in such a dynamic space is a key challenge for all who work in education. Honouring the key tenets of Montessori philosophy is an additional challenge faced by Montessori educators.
Over two engaging online sessions, attendees will explore these challenges and the opportunities created by large language artificial intelligence models, from the level of student learning and classroom interaction to potential policy frameworks for school leaders. Drawing on the experiences of attendees, we aim to explore implications for differentiated learning, educator workloads, student literacy, preparation for adult life, student motivation and engagement, and possible future developments.
This workshop series is suitable for anyone working in education and will include:
- An overview of generative AI:
- What it is and what it does.
- Live examples of how it can be used.
- Opportunities and challenges.
- Potential benefits and concerns.
- Facilitated discussions:
- e.g. Who does it serve and how should we respond?
- e.g. What lessons does it teach about the value of knowledge, expediency, intellectual property, equity, and ethics?
- e.g. What are the implications for the world young people are living in and will live in?
- Practical examples and applications for all educators, administrators, and leaders, in school and ECEC settings.
- Interactive collaboration and networking with colleagues and peers.
Tim Moore draws on 20 years of classroom experience, with 12 years at The Hills Montessori School as a founding teacher in the Wairoa Adolescent Program. He currently works with the Australian Curriculum and Reporting Authority (ACARA) as a Manager in the literacy assessment space at a national level. He brings a passion for innovative education and an enduring commitment to transformative pedagogy.
|Delivered over two sessions on the dates and times below. Participants are encouraged to attend both sessions, although single tickets are available.
This event will be recorded and made available for a limited time to ticket holders who cannot attend the live workshop.
Group discounts are available! Every 5th ticket is free.
|Your link may already include access to member tickets. Click 'Get Tickets' above to check.
If not, follow the instructions below. Need help? Contact us.
MSCA Member Access Code Instructions:
1. Click 'Get Tickets' on the Event Page;