2023 OER Production Series: Advanced Pressbooks (May 26)
This event is a part of the OER Production Series. Now rescheduled to Friday, May 26, 2023.
Pressbooks is an online self-publishing tool available to all post-secondary faculty and staff in B.C. and the Yukon. This webinar is a continuation of the Introduction to Pressbooks webinar, where we taught the basics of the platform. In this webinar, we will explore how to make the most of the many features in Pressbooks while ensuring accessibility and usability for students. This will include:
- How to create complex content, like interactive H5P activities and math equations
- How to customize the display of things like text, tables, textboxes
- How to make your Pressbook easier to navigate
- How to fill out metadata fields
- What to consider with the different export formats (webbook, PDF, and ePub)
- A tour of some existing OER created in Pressbooks to explore the range of ways people have used Pressbooks.
To view the other events in this series, visit OER Production Series.
Facilitator: Josie Gray (she/her) is the manager of Production and Publishing at BCcampus. She manages the B.C. Open Collection and provides training and support for B.C. faculty publishing open textbooks in Pressbooks. She has been working with Pressbooks for more than six years and always delights in helping people figure out the platform to create OER.
Please Note: This session will be recorded, captioned, and made available publicly on BCcampus.ca after the event. You do not need to register to view the recording after the event.
Click "Register" to sign up for this webinar.