Curtin x Bloom Student Startup Weekend
Take your idea to the next level in 54 exhilarating hours!
Canva. Airbnb. Minecraft. Instagram. This list goes on. Ever wondered how these companies grew?
The Curtin x Bloom Student Startup Weekend provides students with an exciting entry into the world of startups. Over an action-packed three days, the best mentors, investors, co-founders and sponsors will provide you with the tools, team, and trajectory to turn your idea into a raging success.
Held from 24 - 26th March at Bloom’s new co-working space on Curtin’s Bentley campus at St Catherine’s College, this event will guide you through the process of developing an idea for a new business venture. At the end of the weekend, you will have gained core insights into entrepreneurship such as how to form a team, conduct user research, prototype your product or service, and learn how to pitch to investors.
- 1st prize - $300 worth of Guild vouchers, an official Curtin Entrepreneurs t-shirt, and one on one mentoring session with a member of the Curtin Entrepreneurship team
- 2nd prize - $200 worth of Guild vouchers and an official Curtin Entrepreneurs t-shirt
- 3rd prize - $100 worth of Guild vouchers and an official Curtin Entrepreneurs t-shirt
- Friday 24 March - 4:30pm to 7:00pm - pitches take place and teams are formed
- Saturday 25 March - 9:00am - 7:00pm - teams work on their business ideas
- Sunday 26 March - 9:00am - 7:45pm - teams finalise their ideas with the final pitch competition held at the end of the day
What does the 54 hours look like?
Networking, 60 second idea pitching
Dream team formation with innovators, marketers, designers and developers
Idea sharing and brainstorming
Market research and idea validation
Business model planning
Team fighting, idea changing, business redirecting... eating, drinking, dancing and having lots of fun!
What is included in my ticket?
- Access to the full event across the weekend
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night
- Mentoring by top entrepreneurs from the local tech and startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome tech and innovation professionals from Western Australia
- Expert judge's panel lead by startup and tech innovation leaders
- Lifetime membership in the Curtin Community
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
Who can attend?
This event is for anyone above the age of 18+ who is a current high school or university student. You can be studying any discipline – teams need a variety of thinkers from marketing to engineering to health sciences and more!
Terms of Participation Agreement: It is our job to provide you with an incredible networking and learning experience. Our intention is that you meet some amazing people that you might start a company with, learn from mentors, as well as learning from your peers. The event is intended to be a collaborative forum for sharing, learning, building, and having fun. As such, by registering as a participant, you acknowledge that any ideas shared by you or anyone else over the course of the event are contributions to the overall experience and community. If you’re very concerned, you can limit your pitch to the rough outline of the idea without giving away key information. As a member of our community, you agree to be inclusive of any and all people and their ideas. You agree to act professionally, treat everyone with respect, and treat the event facilities with proper care. You agree that you are responsible in the event of any accidents or damages that you cause. You also agree to not hold Curtin University, Bloom, or any of the event supporters liable for any loss, damage, injury, or any other unforeseeable incident.