Bright Ideas Summit 2022
_SouthStart and Future Anything are proud to host the Bright Ideas Summit 2022.
Designed in collaboration with educators, The Bright Ideas Summit is designed for school groups and will engage young people in a fun and fast-paced day of listening, learning, and doing.
This engaging and hands-on event takes place on Wednesday 9 March at Adelaide Town Hall. The Bright Ideas Summit will also be livestreamed online for you to join us from classrooms around the country- and beyond.
Students will hear from some of Australia’s most exciting and inspiring innovators and changemakers, as well as explicitly developing their entrepreneurial thinking and human-centred design skills.
UPDATE: Venue tickets are now SOLD OUT! But never fear, your can still snag free livestream access and join the day from the comfort of your own classroom.
Click here to view our epic speaker line up!
Who should attend?
The Bright Ideas Summit is suitable for all students in Years 7 - 12.
- 8:30am - 9:30am ACDT: Schools arrive/register or log on to livestream
- 9:30am ACDT: Bright Ideas Summit & Livestream commences
- 9.30am - 10.40am ACDT: Session 1: Welcome + Keynote + Ideation Activity + Panel discussion
- 10.40am - 11am ACDT: Morning Tea
- 11am - 12:30pm ACDT: Session 2: The Entrepreneur's Odyssey
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm ACDT: Lunch
- 1:00pm- 2.30pm ACDT: Session 3: Pitching
- 2.30pm ACDT: Bright Ideas Summit & Livestream ends
Participating schools must organise/manage the transport requirements for students and supervising staff/parents attending the event.
Catering is not provided. All attendees should bring morning tea, lunch, and a refillable water bottle.
Permissions and Supervision
Each participating school will be asked to manage parental permission requirements and ensure a suitable level of staff supervision for their students attending the event. While participating teachers/parents will not be required to formally facilitate the sessions, their engagement in the activities will increase teachers’ skills and confidence in unlocking students’ entrepreneurial mindset in the classroom.
What Students Need to Bring:
- Their own refillable water bottle
- Lunch (and morning tea if required)
- Students are required to wear their school uniform
- Enthusiasm, an open mind, and a willingness to engage with others.