Building a Start Up Workshop - Virtual
The Australian School of Entrepreneurship with support from Maitland City Council invites you to the 'How to Build a Start Up in 2023' workshop. The workshop is a free interactive virtual program where you will have the opportunity develop the skills and mindset you need to start a business or enter the workforce.
The workshop is designed for secondary students and young adults (16 to 24 years).
During this Workshop, participants will identify a local, community problem and will brainstorm an innovative micro-business or social change solution to solve it. They will then present their ideas in a 'Shark Tank' style pitch format at the end of the workshop.
- Entrepreneurship 101. Program Facilitators will discuss what it means to be an entrepreneur and go through basic business principles.
- Ideation. Participants will brainstorm a business or social change idea that could change the world.
- Public Speaking. 38% of effective communication is how we use our voice, tone, pace and pitch. We create a safe environment for students to understand the power of their voice, and how to speak with conviction.
Presentation. Participants will have the opportunity to put their learnings to practice through a presentation.
- Date: Wednesday, 31 May 2023
- Time: 5:00pm to 6:00pm (1 hours)
- Link: Google Meet - a link will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Target Cohort: Secondary Students and Young Adults (16 to 24 years old)
A big thank you to Maitland City Council for making this event possible.
The Australian School of Entrepreneurship is an initiative of The ASE Group - a community-led and purpose driven business for good that delivers education, entrepreneurship and employment programs to Australians of all ages. Our mission is to equip every Australian with the skills, resources and mindset they need to start a business or enter the workforce, regardless of their postcode.