Canberra Women of Science and Art (*Family focused webinar*)
Canberra Women of Science and Art - webinars, a competition, fun activities.
Webinar: 11am AEST Saturday 15th August
Meet a diverse group of amazing Canberran women working in or inspired by science, tech, engineering, art and maths (STEAM).
These interesting people are anything but ‘boring scientists’ or 'wacky artists'.
They have written books; invented a robot; created new technology to tell ancient, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stories; taught children how to investigate and draw nature; pushed for action on climate change and other environmental and world problems…
This first webinar is aimed at families and will feature Nicole Godwin, Megan Gilmour and Julia Landford. (However, anyone of any age can attend.)
- Nicole Godwin is an award-winning author, speaker and is the Founder of Tusk Books
- Megan Gilmour is a social innovator creating robots for sick kids that can't attend school! She is also Co-Founder and CEO of Robots4Good, Missing School and Art of Agency.
- Julia Landford is Founding Director of NatureArt Lab, a wildlife and botanical artist, environmental educator, and qualified teacher.
Read more about them: https://bit.ly/CWSAEvent
You can submit a question for our speakers when you register.
- The webinars will be recorded.
- By participating you are required to follow safe online procedures, including not attempting to share your screen or facilitating private chat between other participants. You will be muted.
- For more information for getting online and for safe practices, refer to the Virtual Excursions Australia Web Conferencing 101 Essentials training manual: http://www.virtualexcursionsaustralia.com.au/events/inspiring-australia-training/web-conferencing-101-essentials/