Canterbury College Joint Netball & Rugby Academies Open Afternoon
What: Canterbury College Joint Netball & Rugby Academies Open Afternoon.
When: 12:00pm Midday For 12:30pm – 4:00pm, Tuesday 28 March 2023.
Where: Canterbury Functions Centre | Sports Hall | Playing Fields | Gym | Athletics Track.
- Entry via Sports Precinct Gate, 182 Old Logan Village Road, Waterford.
- Plenty of onsite parking.
Who: For ALL Gifted Netball AND/OR Rugby Boys AND Girls Attending Years 7–9 In 2024.
- Sorry, Not For Current Canterbury College Students.
Your Highly Qualified Hosts...
Canterbury’s Director of Netball: Mrs Deanne Hamilton
- Almost 20 years’ experience as a Coach & Sports Administrator.
- 2021 Netball Queensland Spirit of Netball Award Winner.
- 2022 Netball Queensland Community Awards Teacher of the Year Winner.
- 2022 City of Logan Sports Awards Sports Coach of the Year Finalist.
- Current QLD Representative School Sport Program 19 Years Netball Coach.
- Coach: 2017 - 2022 Netball Queensland School of the Year Award Winners or Finalists.
- Coach: 2022 QISSN Netball Cup, Vicki Wilson Cup and Vicki Wilson Shield Champions.
- Coach: 2022 Netball Queensland School of the Year.
- Coach: Multiple Year Levels TAS Netball Premierships.
Canterbury’s Director of Rugby, Touch & Sevens: Mr Sione Fukofuka
- Coach: Australian Wallaroos Attack.
- Coach: Queensland Reds Super W Attack.
- Coach: Queensland Rugby Pathways System.
- Coach: Queensland Premier Rugby Cup – Easts: Assistant Coach | Sunnybank: Head Coach.
- Coach: Queensland Women’s 7s Representative Level.
Canterbury’s Head of Faculty - Health Sciences: Mrs Tracey Clarke
Canterbury’s Director of Sport & Activities: Mrs Catherine Krzensk
RSVPs: RSVPs EXTENDED - Please register via the 'Get Tickets' button on this webpage.
Dress Code: Active Sports Wear.
Event Contact: Head of Faculty - Health Sciences: Mrs Tracey Clarke - firstname.lastname@example.org
School Admissions Contact: College Registrar Mrs Debbie Milne: T - 07 3299 0888 | E - email@example.com
- Our Netball and Rugby Academies are fully integrated with the Australian Curriculum, offering a holistic approach to sport that combines curriculum, competition and community engagement.
- Both Academies offer strong links to multiple sports industry study pathways, and professional post-secondary playing, coaching, junior development, and even umpiring/refereeing careers.
- Plus, you can investigate a Canterbury Sport Scholarship, which could save your family thousands in school fees each year.
- Our Academies offer face-to-face and online skills, fitness and game analysis coaching and mentoring, with high-profile guest speakers also invited during the year from elite level sport.
- The Rugby Academy Program is endorsed by Queensland Academy of Sport Coach Reg Taylor and Rugby 7s Pathways Manager Lachlan Parkinson.
- This Open Afternoon includes indoor and outdoor skills sessions, fitness tests, match simulations, trials, theoretical information, professional advice and Q & A session.
- So follow our Canterbury College winners into a rewarding and fully supported study and career pathways environment, just like our national, state and district representative netballers such as Tia Crombie, Holly Comyns, Aaliyah Sheppard and Kaylee Tamala, plus Australian and Olympic representative rugby player Alysia Lefau-Fakaosilea.
- Our Netball and Rugby Academies are elective subjects at Canterbury in Years 9-10.
Joint Netball & Rugby Academies Open Afternoon Schedule
12:00pm Midday – 12:30pm: Arrival & Registration @ Canterbury Functions Centre.
12:30pm – 12:40pm: Official Welcome – College Principal Mr Dan Walker & College Deputy Principal Mrs Meagan King.
12:40pm – 12:55pm: Head of Faculty - Health Sciences | Director of Rugby, Touch & Sevens | Director of Netball – Academy Overview & Study/Career Pathways Explained.
Director of Sport & Activities – The Associated Schools (TAS) Competition Overview & Your Sporting Opportunities.
Rotation 1: Sports Hall Courts | Rotation 2: Playing Fields | Rotation 3: School Gym | Rotation 4: Athletics Track Speed & Agility.
When students register for the day, you will select your preferred two rotations.
1:00pm – 1:55pm: First Rotation Option.
2:00pm – 2:55pm: Second Rotation Option.
3:00pm – 4:00pm: Your Athlete Profile Completed | Guest Speakers | Q & A Opportunity.