Card hacks for...Cars ‘R’ Us
A FREE 30-minute online session where we will discover innovative and strengths-based ways to explore the 'Cars ‘R’ Us' card set.
Cars ‘R’ Us is a set of cards based on the versatile metaphor of the car. They are great for talking with children, and adults, about feelings, wellbeing, strengths, values, and relationships. Based in Choice Theory, these cards can help jump start conversations about how people are travelling in their lives, why they are making the decisions they are and how they could change directions.
Explore questions like: Who is driving your car? What should you do when your fuel tank is getting low? How can you find your way when you feel lost? How do you know when you should ask for help?
Cars ‘R’ Us includes 52 fleet cards, 16 know-your-vehicle cards, 10 thinking bubbles, a journey planner and an owner’s manual with lots of suggestions for activities.
In this 30-minute FREE online session, we will explore how you can use the cards to:
• name feelings and body signals
• explore the triggers for different behaviours and reactions
• reflect on the idea of ‘choice’
• think about what we have control over and what is out of our control
• consider what it means to take responsibility for our actions
• ask ourselves better quality questions to inform our decisions
• help us make positive and proactive life choices.
We will also spend time exploring how other practitioners have used this resource in different settings, including classrooms, groups, team meetings, supervision, staff training and in one-on-one therapeutic conversations. And we will check out the booklet that comes along with this set.
Perfect for school counsellors, teachers, wellbeing staff, social workers, health professionals, psychologists, parents, and carers.