Challenge the Funder - Raising Capital for Your Business in the Current Climate
Background & Synopsis
As Australia grapples under the weight of rising interest rates, lack of available investment capital and post-Covid fatigue, many realise access to capital for start-up and scale-up businesses is challenging! While many people choose to see what is ahead as an amazing opportunity for stronger business and more growth, the requirement for capital is at the forefront of everyone’s mind. The question is - has the music stopped... or is there still money for start-ups?
Welcome to Challenge the Funder!
Objectives & Topics
• Shed light on what it takes to fund a young business right now
• Clarify which stages of funding deals most often fall over
• Stories from reality; what gets funding and what doesn’t
• Share what each panelist is looking for in 2022 and beyond - including any particularly 'hot' areas
• Identify and discuss key criteria for investing, and key “turn-offs”
• Kevin Shen - Investment Director, Skyfield Capital
• Justine Carzino - Investment Director, OneVentures
• Daniel Hong - Managing Director & Co-Founder, Arcus Partners
• Rhod Williams - Chief Investor Relations Officer, Catapult
The panel will be moderated by Mike Boorn Plener, Founder of Catapult as MC.
You may be photographed or video while attending this event: please approach the organiser if you have questions, concerns, or do not wish this to happen.
The event organisers may add you to a mailing list so they can follow up, and you can receive updates about their activities: this mailing list will always have an easy-to-find unsubscribe button.