ColaJazz Fest Gala
The ColaJazz Fest Gala is our annual kick-off celebration to our world-class outdoor ColaJazz Fest! Enjoy an exceptional evening and support ColaJazz Foundation's programs.
Your Gala ticket includes:
1. catering by Dupre Catering & Events
*passed hors d’oeuvres (6p-6:45p)
*red beans & rice, vegetarian gumbo, cheesecake & coffee (7p-8:30p)
2. full cash bar by Middleton Bartending (6p-9:30p)
*1 free drink ticket per ticket holder
3. opening concert by the Pete Neighbour Swingtet (7p-7:45p)
4. featured concert by world-renowned, critically-acclaimed, Wycliffe Gordon! (8p-9:30p)
5. General Admission entry to Sunday's ColaJazz Fest
6. Concert style seating available for those not reserving a table
WOW! That's going to make for an awesome weekend!
*All GALA tickets are considered VIP whether a table or individual seats.
*While GALA tickets get you General Admission entry into Sunday's concerts, if you want a VIP table on Sunday, you MUST buy those tickets separately.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
While this is a VIP event, we like our top button undone. Dress nice or business casual. Suit and tie is cool, but not necessary. Heels or flats, we suggest comfort over fashion. Keep it real. Keep it soulful. Enjoy yourself!
WHO IS WYCLIFFE GORDON?
We don't expect you to know every significant jazz artist alive today. Throughout the year, you can trust ColaJazz will make sure you're introduced to the best in jazz!
Wycliffe is a prolific recording artist and is extremely popular for his unmatched signature sound, plunger technique and unique vocals. He can be heard on hundreds of recordings, soundtracks, live DVD's and documentaries.
- Veteran member of the Wynton Marsalis Septet, 1989-1995
- Original member of Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, 1995-2000
- Downbeat Magazine “Best Trombone” Award Six Times
- Jazz Journalists Association “Trombonist of the Year” Award 14 years
- Arrangement of the theme song to NPR’s “All Things Considered” is heard daily across the globe
- Compositions performed by the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra
- Performance experience includes work with David Sanborn, Wynton Marsalis, Paul Simon, Natalie Merchant, Rene Marie, Dianne Reeves, Ricky Skaggs, Arturo Sandoval, Doc Severinsen, Dizzy Gillespie, Lionel Hampton, Tommy Flanagan, Shirley Horn, Joe Henderson, Eric Reed and Branford Marsalis, to name a few.
WHO IS PETE NEIGHBOUR?
Pete Neighbour is a highly respected clarinet & sax player; originally from London, Great Britain and now based in the USA. He travels extensively performing in his own inimitable style; swing era jazz... for the 21st Century. He performs regularly, worldwide, in a variety of settings; guest appearances in jazz clubs and concert halls, with his own bands - in both the US and in Europe - and regularly on luxury cruise ships as a featured guest entertainer. Read more about Pete Neighbour...
GET 20% OFF YOUR HOTEL STAY!
ABOUT COLAJAZZ OUTREACH
The ColaJazz Outreach program brings jazz into schools of all levels and needs, children's hospital, assisted living facilities and the like, reaching people of all ages, bringing hope and healing through jazz.
The ColaJazz Outreach program gives people of all socio- economic backgrounds access to quality music performances and education while developing the appreciation, understanding, and performance of jazz.
From individual artists, small and large sized combos, one-time appearances to residencies, we want to serve your needs.
"The ColaJazz Foundation has become our most popular enrichment activity... residents who usually retreat in their room are excited to come to the Community Center to listen to the Jazz music. The ColaJazz Foundation brings so much joy to our residents' lives..."
- LaKenna McCrorey, Director of Volunteer Services, Lexington Medical Extended Care
"I have had personal and professional experience with the ColaJazz Foundation and have found this organization to be of great benefit to this community. The impact of this organization has been felt across South Carolina and beyond... making Jazz accessible to young budding musicians to connecting musicians to audiences of all ages and communities.”
- Craig Witherspoon, Ed.D. Superintendent, Richland One
"ColaJazz engaged our students in the history of jazz, integrated literacy, and facilitated music composition lessons with each class. We have hosted a multitude of resident artists over the years, and ColaJazz is by far one the very best we have ever had.”
- Regi Strickland, Arts Integration Magnet Lead Teacher, Richland Two