Realms of preparation and Integration a workshop with Dr Lani Roy & Melissa Warner
Real of Preparation and Integration a workshop with Dr Alana Roy and Melissa Warner
When: April 1st 10am-5pm
Where: Integrative Psychology Melbourne Level 2/182-184 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002
Where: This is a hybrid event. Available in person and online.
In person cost: $300
Concession $200 please email email@example.com and submit concession card information.
Journey with us through the realms of self care, preparation and integration as we explore cognitive, relational, embodied and visionary wisdom. Informed by multiplicity, attachment theories, science and the scared; this programs provides one with a road map to navigate psychedelic landscapes- shifting altered states, into altered traits and embodied wisdom.
This workshop provides a comprehensive skillset to better support a spectrum of psychedelic experiences. We will explore options for preperation, considerations for the journey and pathways for integrating psychedelic states. Psychedelics with supportive set, setting and skills can facilitate transformative experiences, yet not every journey is transformative and unique challenges can arise. While we can’t ever predict the outcome, throughout the day will explore appropriate tools, skills and strategies for harm reduction and benefit maximisation. We will unpack knowledge and frameworks supported by practical examples and guided reflections. This will incorporate elements from wisdom practices, neuroscience, modern therapeutic modalities as well as nature based perspectives.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to psychedelics perspectives
- Introduction to psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
- Psychedelic pharmacology
- The science as we know it; statistics and data
- Harm minimisation and risk mitigation
- Psychological support - establishing a psychedelic safe ecosystem
- Internal family systems/parts intentions setting meditation
- Expectations vs intentions
- Multiplicity and attachment informed psychedelic reparenting
- Nature based therapies, alters and weaving IFS with the symbolic realm
- Creation of rituals
- Exploring peak experience themes through integration
- Realms of integration - creative arts and nature based therapies
- Integration strategies, tools and activities
- Self-care practices
Future self meditation, art therapy process, movement meditation.
Participants will be provided with:
Future self meditation
Intention setting IFS formed meditation
Self care resource pack
Intention and preparation worksheet to scaffold your experience
More about the presenters:
Dr. Alana Roy
FOUNDER AND DIRECTOR, PSYCHOLOGIST, SOCIAL WORKER, ADVOCATE
Dr Alana (Lani) Roy is the Founder of The Signs of Life Psychology. She is a psychologist, social worker, and therapist and has spent the last 15 years working in mental health, suicide prevention, trauma, sexual abuse, family violence, and the disability sector.
Lani has worked with borderline personality and dissociative identity disorder in various roles in the community, such as rape crisis centres with victims of ritual abuse; childhood and adult sexual assault; supporting women in the sex industry; and survivors of human trafficking. She specialises in complex trauma, disabilities and dual diagnosis, and working with the Deaf community by providing therapy in Auslan sign language. Lani also specialises in preparation and integration in the field of psychedelic and sexual abuse survivors, particularly with Ayahuasca and the vegetelista dieta process.
For more information about her personal journey towards healing and psychedelics please click here.
Lani provides a range of educational and group-based psychedelic programs. She is a board-approved psychology supervisor and provides psychology, social work, and biomedical student placements and supervision across Deakin, Monash, Victoria University, Psychedelic Research in Science and Medicine (PRISM), Entheogenesis Australia (EGA) and the Mental Health Foundation. Lani coordinates the psychedelic and plant medicine Mental Health Professional Network (MHPN). Lani has taught as an Australian teacher on Psychedelics Today Navigating Psychedelics for Clinicians and other Australian Psychedelic programs.
Lani is currently apprenticing under Saj Ravi from The Psychedelic Somatic Institute of Psychotherapy in America for cannabis and ketamine assisted psychotherapy.
Lani has begun providing Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy (PAP) for clients accessing ketamine treatment in Australia with partnering clinical organisations. She is currently working on a range of research trials focusing on psilocybin and Ayahuasca.
B.Science (Neuroscience), Grad Dip (Psych)
Melissa Warner is an advocate for innovative solutions for mental health and is on a mission to cultivate a holistic understanding of wellbeing. She is the Secretary of Psychedelic Research in Science and Medicine (PRISM), a meditation teacher at Signs of Life Psychology, co-founder of The Australian Psychedelic Society, and is a co-director of the Cyberdelic Society. Melissa seeks to elucidate the potential of psychedelic, meditative, and flow states to enhance human health and flourishing. As a scientist, therapist, futurist and artist, Melissa seeks to elucidate the potential of contemplative practices, altered states, and play to enhance human health and flourishing.
SOL Harm Reduction Stance
- SOL acknowledges that psychedelics are currently illegal in Australia. SOL advocates for decriminalisation and provides nuanced harm reduction services. SOL does not endorse or encourage illegal use of psychedelics.
- SOL acknowledges freedom of consciousness and the many ways people may choose to take psychedelics (clinical, ceremonial, solo and guided processes).
Please be aware of the legal context that impacts your personal situation and the potential benefits and risks to self and others.
- SOL acknowledges that many of these medicines have been woven into indigenous communities for thousands of years.
- SOL has so much to learn about ayni/reciprocity, sustainability and shamanistic models of health care. Due to the psychedelic renaissance we are seeing both a rapid growth of scientific trials and changes in policies and laws around the world.
- SOL consults across this global community and information provided in SOL programs does need to be considered alongside your current legal context.