THRASS Foundation to Proficiency Level Training (Sydney )
Pre-requisite: Participants must have already completed THRASS Foundation Level training and have a good knowledge and understanding of the THRASS chart.
This one-day course has been designed to further develop teaching strategies for the implementation of the THRASS SPP into the classroom. This course has been structured to revise, consolidate and extend the knowledge gained from the Foundation Level. Completion of the Foundation Level course is a prerequisite for entry to this course. Includes course materials and basic resources.
- Provide participants with an initial introduction to –
- Linguistic concepts and terminology
- Explicit phonics teaching using the THRASS charts and resources
- Explicit teaching of oral language skills
- Explicit teaching of written language skills
- Explicit teaching of basic grammar skills
- Introduction to the MASUTA spelling model
- Strategies for implementation of the THRASS SPP into the classroom
- It is suggested that this course be done at least a term after completing the Foundation Level course.
*Course Length: 4.5 hours of instruction over one day.