Dare to Lead™ (Online) Starts October
Tickets open for purchase on Tuesday 23 May - 9 am. Maximum 2 per service.
WorkUP QLD have partnered with The Leadership Sphere to bring the Dare to Lead™ program to the DFV, sexual assault and women's health and wellbeing sector in QLD (WorkUP target group) for a heavily discounted price of $275 + GST (RRP $2475 + GST).
Before registering, please read all the information including about dates and times. Dare to Lead is delivered online from Melbourne so the times below are Melbourne times.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage building program designed to be facilitated by organizational development professionals. The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. The Dare to Lead™ program focuses on developing these courage building skills through workshops, trainings, and coaching to help individuals, teams, and organizations move from armored leadership to daring leadership.
Individuals who successfully complete course requirements will receive a certificate of completion and are allowed to put the Dare to Lead Trained badge on their LinkedIn account.
Topics covered include:
Setting the Scene
- Daring Leadership Assessment
- Armored Leadership versus Daring Leadership Assessment (intact teams)
- The Heart of Daring Leadership
- Container building
- Call to Courage
- Assembling our Armor
- Grounded Condence
- Self-Awareness & Emotional Literacy
Rumbling with vulnerability
- The Myths of Vulnerability
- Shame Sheilds and Resilience
- How Shame Shows Up at Work
- Empathy and Self-Compassion
Living into our values
- Naming values
- Values Clarication
- From Professing Words to Practicing Behaviours
- Grounded condence and rumbling skills
- The 5Cs of Strategic Thinking
- Engaged feedback
- Recognising Defensiveness in Feedback Conversations
- BRAVING – Learn the 7 elements of trust
- Square Squad
- Rumbling with Self-Trust
- Trust with Others / Trust on Teams
- Rumbling with Living BIG
Learning to Rise: The Reckoning
- The Rising Strong Process
- Getting Emotionally Hooked / Offloading Hurt
- Strategies for Reckoning with Emotion
- The Rumble: the Stories We Tell Ourselves and How they Hold us Back
- The Revolution: Circle back, Rewrite Your Story’s Ending
Further information is available at daretolead.brenebrown.com
Please note: This is an eight part series and participants must commit to taking part in all sessions.
The following learning outcomes will be achieved for your leaders and team upon completion of the course:
- Understand why vulnerability (uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure) is the foundational skill set of courage.
- Recognise that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviours that define daring leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
- Understand the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership.
- Understand that it’s armour – not fear – that is the greatest obstacle to daring leadership.
- Recognise that daring leadership requires showing up for hard conversations and rumbles, including giving and receiving feedback.
Who should attend
Anyone working in the domestic and family violence, women’s health and wellbeing and sexual assault sector will find this program beneficial.
Tickets are limited and only available for WorkUP Queensland target group. We reserve the right to limit places per service if oversubscribed. Please register a maximum of two people per organisation.
Please register on the wait list if you would like a place and no tickets are available - we will contact target group people on the wait list if tickets become available.
*WorkUP Queensland’s target group is specialist DFV, women's health and wellbeing and sexual violence services funded by the Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney General, Office of Women and Violence Prevention.