Design Your Family's Tech-Use Agreement - Sept 2021
Need support to wrangle technology use in your home without banning devices or throwing the modem off the Harbour Bridge? Feel like the technology genie is out of the bottle and not sure how to stuff it back in?
Join psychologist, teacher and cyberpsychology researcher Jocelyn Brewer for a simple, practical and positive 5 step strategy to negotiate (not dictate) technology boundaries in your home.
FORMAT: 1 x 90-minute session via Zoom (Sept 6th)! A recording will be available for 30 days after the event for those who can't attend live. PLUS a one-hour booster session (Sept 27th) to help apply and review the content and your agreement.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- A 5 step process for creating your family tech-use agreement, including a 38-page workbook that will take you through the process!
- Principles of change management to help get collaboration and buy-in to behaviour change.
- An understanding of digital practices and trends of young people and why their online spaces are so appealing, compelling and sometimes 'addictive'.
- Examples of ways to place healthy limits on technology (social media, app and game) use not founded simply on limiting 'screen time' but wholistic solutions to being intentional with online activities.
- How to align boundaries with technology to your family's values and offline activities.