Digital Transformation Fundamentals
- Thursday 8 & Friday 9 June 2023 (bookings close at 12noon Tuesday 6 June 2023 unless sold out prior) - SOLD OUT
Develop a vision for how you can successfully use technology to transform your business or organisation.
This two-day course discusses the increased pressure businesses are under to adopt new technologies and digitally transform, and looks at the areas of your business most likely to benefit from digitalisation.
It is targeted at those new to digital transformation but also suitable for people looking to start investing in alternative revenue streams, giving a broad understanding of where those alternative sources of revenue could be generated.
What will you gain?
By the end of this introductory course you will be able to:
- Understand how the exponential nature of technology is disrupting the current business climate.
- Start developing a vision for your company given this new context (MTP – massive transformative purpose).
- Assess your company’s digital maturity and understand what you should focus on to increase it.
- Understand how your customer value proposition (i.e. what you do), can be transformed by new technologies.
- Understand how new technologies can transform your business model by exploring “new” approaches to revenue like XaaS (everything as a service) and subscription models.
The course runs over two consecutive days and uses an engaging case study approach, where you will bring examples from your own company and life. We will look at other successful digital transformation initiatives, as well as some not so successful, to teach what core principles can be applied practically and pragmatically to help fulfil the business opportunities you have.
Elsamari Botha - MBA Director
Dr Elsamari Botha - is the MBA Director and a senior lecturer above the bar in Digital Transformation and Technology Preparedness at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand, and an extraordinary associate professor at the University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa. She attained her PhD at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
Elsamari was the Academic Director of Educate24 (a Media24 online education start-up); a research associate at the Institute for Futures Research (IFR); and a frequent speaker at Seamless Africa. Elsamari’s research focuses on online consumer behaviour, digital transformation, and digital disruption and its associated technologies. Elsamari has published in leading international journals.
This Workshop is $2100pp including GST and Humanitix booking fees.
Course fees include catering (all dietary requirements catered for), booking fees and on-site parking.