Were the 2019/2020 Australian bushfires 'ecocide'? Australian Peoples' Tribunal for Community and Nature's Rights
Citizen’s Inquiry into the 2019/2020 Australian Bushfires:
Did systemic failure by Australian governments to Care for Country contribute to “ecocide”?
Please join us for a Special Hearing of the Australian Peoples’ Tribunal (APT) for Community and Nature’s Rights, 21-25 June 2021.
OPENING WEEK OF HEARINGS - ALL ONLINE - Mon 21, Tues 22, Wed 23 and Fri 25th June
SESSION TIMES -
- Monday to Wednesday: 4pm to 6.30pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia)
- Friday: 1pm-2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia)
ALL SESSIONS ARE ONLINE – one ticket enables you to join all/any sessions
- People from affected areas in East Gippsland, Mallacoota, Bega Valley/Bateman's Bay, Blue Mountains
- Jojo Mehta, Stop Ecocide International
- Barry Hunter, Aboriginal Carbon Foundation & Djabugay person
- Professor Will Steffen, Climate Council
- Professor Brendan Mackey, Griffith Climate Beacon
- Virginia Marshall, First Nations lawyer
- Revel Pointon, Environmental Defenders Office
- Benedict Coyne, Barrister and Human Rights Lawyer
FOR A COPY OF THE PROGRAM - VISIT OUR WEBSITE - https://tribunal.org.au/hearin...
TRIBUNAL PANEL MEMBERS
- Mary Graham, Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Queensland and Kombumerri person
- Ross Williams, Future Dreaming Australia and Bindal/Juru person
- Dr Michelle Maloney, Australian Earth Laws Alliance
- Gwynn MacCarrick, University of Tasmania
- Gill Boehringer, Lawyer and advocate
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS WITH THE TRIBUNAL?
Were you affected by the 2019/2020 Bushfires? Would you like to share your stories about what happened, and your perspectives about how we can
Care for Country and better handle bushfires in the future?
Please EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website and send us a note via our online form, and we'll get in touch with you.
Email – email@example.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/event...
REGISTER NOW to observe the Tribunal discussions online