ENVIRONMENTAL MUSIC PRIZE // DISCOVERY SESSION WITH MONTAIGNE
If you missed out on the session...It's not too late!
I'll be posting the event recording on LinkedIn so follow here:
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect and join our mailing list.
WE ARE AT A CRUCIAL MOM
ENT IN HISTORY
One that requires us to change our behaviour rapidly and move billions of people from apathy to action.
What if we unleashed the power of music, to conquer hearts and minds?
And inspired millions to defend the fragile ecosystems that sustain all life on earth?
THE ENVIRONMENTAL MUSIC PRIZE
Over $20,000 in prize money and in-kind support to reward artists that inspire us to protect the environment and songs that have the potential to become anthems for change.
- Remind people of their deep connection to nature and give them a burning desire to protect it.
- Use songs and their emotive video clips to reach diverse audiences and touch parts of the population who usually ignore environmental news.
- Strategically leverage the voice, platform and cultural influence of artists who can deliver highly personalised messages to their niche audience.
- Build a movement of artists who are committed
to using their voice.
We will invite them to sign Green Music's Climate Declaration, connect them with relevant Environmental Partners and support them with information, resources and media training.
- Support Artists and Musicians at an extremely difficult time when they have lost all event-related income.
JOIN US TO LEARN ABOUT THE PRIZE AND HOW YOU MIGHT GET INVOLVED
Jess Cerro (aka MONTAIGNE) -
Singer, Songwriter, Australia’s 2021 Eurovision Representative
Her 2019 hit ‘READY’ was inspired by the School Climate Strike and a new generation that is ready to take action.
- Edwina Floch (Host) - Founder of The Environmental Music Prize, Co-Founder of Le Rosé Bleu and NEXUS Australia Committee Member
- Berish Bilander - CEO of Green Music Australia, Activist, Musician
- Welcome To Country byYvonne Weldon - Chair of the Metropolitan Aboriginal Land Council and Candidate for Lord Mayor of The City of Sydney with her team of Independents 'Unite For Sydney'
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
- Anyone interested in the power of music to create a cultural shift and accelerate change.
This might include: Changemakers, Impact Partners, Philanthropists, Businesses committed to Sustainability, Educators, Community Groups.
- Artists and Industry Professionals are welcome :) but please note we won't answer questions on the application and process here - we'll organise a seperate webinar for this.
PLEASE REGISTER* to submit questions, join the live discussion and receive the recording.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW?
- The IPCC Report was a "code red for humanity" and our planet.
- Australia was ranked dead last in world (out of 193 countries) on Climate Action in the 2021 UN Sustainable Development Report for its failure to take action to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.
- UN Climate Summit (COP26) is taking place November 1-13 in Glasgow.
Most other countries will be increasing their commitments and taking bold action and there will be massive international pressure for Australia to make credible commitments and to stop undermining international efforts.
- The next three months provide a great opportunity to encourage a change in federal policy, so it is essential that there is broad community support for strong policy and immediate action.
HELP ACCELERATE THIS INITIATIVE
Make a tax-deductible donation to help us increase the significance of the prize, build
strategic partnerships and scale quickly
Individuals, trusts and corporations can donate into the PRIZE FUND at Australian Communities Foundation
Private and Public Auxiliary Funds can donate through Green Music Australia (please contact us first)
Sponsor a category (best female artist, best indigenous artist, best community collaboration) or sponsor artists to
attend Climate Leadership Retreats
Become an Impact Partner who will use the music in your campaigns or share the playlist and environmental stories
with your network
- Contribute your skills or connections - please
Impact Partners who share our Vision and Mission
Green Music Australia, NEXUS Australia, Groundswell Giving, Australian Communities Foundation
*Please note that by registering you are agreeing to join our mailing list and receive updates. You can unsubscribe at any time.