Fashion Revamp Club: Mending, Restyling and Upcycling
Every year, Australians acquire and average of 27kg of new clothing per person.
Every year, each Australian person discards around 23kg of clothing to landfill.
Australia has 10,000 charity collection bins! *
Let's start making a difference!
Our fabulous Fashion Revamp Club allows you to come along and meet other like minded creative people to mend, restyle and up-cycle your existing clothing or your latest vintage/op shop find!
Share know how, swap ideas and breathe new life into your preloved clothing.
You will generate ideas and can source bits and pieces for your projects.
We will show you all the tips and tricks to up-cycle your clothes or fabric pieces. You will leave with knowledge and new sewing skills that you can continue to use at home - you will never need to go shopping again!
We have an extensive supply of recycled fabric, notions and haberdashery available to purchase from our Thrift Shop.
What to bring:
- 2-3 garments from your wardrobe that you would like to revamp.
- A small sewing kit with: sharp fabric scissors, needles, needle threader, etc.
- Your sewing machine, if you would prefer to work on yours.
What is included?
- Sewing machine and equipment to use, should you require them
- Tea and coffee facilities available
- Lots of friendly faces, great conversations and idea generation!
* source: www.awe.gov.au/environment/protection/product-stewardship
Raine has manufactured and retailed women's clothing for the last 30 years. Her business consisted of her own range of clothing, called Oshare, plus her revamped retro in the valley markets. Raine has studied clothing manufacturing, pattern-making and grading, as well as textiles which covered weaving, tapestry weaving, silk screen printing and dying.
Terms and Conditions
Our cancellation policy depends on when you cancel. We have to arrange class tutors and prep for the classes. As many of our classes are fully booked, last minute cancellations would result in a loss of income. We are a small not for profit organisation and rely on the income from our classes. Terms and conditions
If you book a multi pass ticket,
1. You must book in for each session that you wish to attend. You will be given a code on your first visit to book your subsequent visits.
2. No refunds will be given for non attendance.
Our cancellation policy depends on when you cancel. We have to arrange class tutors and prep for the classes. As many of our classes are fully booked, last minute cancellations would result in a loss of income. We are a small not for profit organisation and rely on the income from our classes.
1. If a class is cancelled by The Nest community (eg due to minimum number not reached, tutor not available due to covid), you will receive a full refund for you to rebook at your convenience.
2. If you cannot attend a workshop, it is vital that you contact us to allow us to fill your space on the workshop by emailing email@example.com
a) Cancellation with 7 or more days notice will receive a full refund for you to rebook at your convenience.
b) Cancellation with less than 7 days notice, will not be refunded. If a medical certificate is provided, we can issue you with a credit note valid for 6 months.
c) Failure to attend on the day of the class will result in a loss of your class fee.