FLO EdTech Sandbox Series (Sep. 13, 2023 to Feb. 14, 2024)
Discover the BCcampus FLO EdTech Sandbox Series, an initiative that empowers educators in B.C.'s post-secondary institutions to explore innovative teaching tools through a safe online environment. In these two-hour livestream webinars, expert leaders will introduce and demonstrate cutting-edge, open, and free or low-cost educational technology tools, allowing you to experiment and gather exciting ideas for teaching activities. Our mission is to foster digital teaching innovation, encouraging faculty and staff to embrace emerging technologies with curiosity and openness, ultimately enhancing the learning experience for all.
By actively participating in these sandbox sessions, you will delve into hands-on experimentation with tools, collaborate with fellow educators to review their features, gain valuable insights into teaching activities, and discover ways to integrate these tools into your courses. If you’re unable to attend, recorded webinars of the presentations and written reviews of the tools will be available on our site after the event.
- Session 1: September 13, 2023, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT — Building Learning Communities with Mattermost, Ian Linkletter (BCIT)
- Session 2: October 11, 2023, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT — Teaching with WordPress/Podcasting, Brenna Clarke Gray (TRU)
- Session 3: November 15, 2023, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT — Teaching with Padlet, Lisa Gedak and Robin Leung (KPU)
- Session 4: January 10, 2024, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT — Teaching with Sticky Notes, John Churchley (TRU)
- Session 5: February 14, 2024, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT — Teaching with H5P, John Cheng (UBC)
Please Note: Each session will be recorded, captioned, and made available publicly on BCcampus.ca after the event. You do not need to register to view the recordings.
Gwen Nguyen (she/her) is an advisor on the Learning and Teaching team at BCcampus.
Britt Dzioba (she/her) is an advisor on the Learning and Teaching team at BCcampus.
Click "Register" to sign up for one or all of the sessions in this series.