Forest and Sound Journey - Springbrook
PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS QUEENSLAND TIME AEST
Wilderness is a necessity
Let Nature be your therapist
Now more than ever we need to spend more time re-connecting with Nature and therefore ourselves.
Because we ARE Nature.
Are you stressed with life and the fast paced world we live in today?
Are you spending way too much time on your phone or computer ?
Are you wanting to feel more relaxed, calm and at peace?
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means "taking in the forest atmosphere" or "forest bathing."
Come and join us on a Forest & Sound Journey.
Proven benefits of Forest Bathing include:
• Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body's Natural Killer (NK) cells.
• Reduced blood pressure
• Reduced stress
• Improved mood
• Increased ability to focus.
• Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
• Increased energy level
• Improved sleep
Opening our senses to nature also develops our intuition.
Forrester by name, and forester by nature. Julia is a lover of nature and a nature photographer.
She is a Sound Healing facilitator for groups, and loves to connect to the trees, birds, insects, animals, water etc and bring others along on the journey.
She has spent many years working on herself through personal development/growth and different healing modalities and has found spending time to really connect with nature, and self through nature is where she feels most at peace, supported, and finds clarity when needing it.
Julia is passionate about inspiring others to come on a journey to reconnect with themselves and the beauty of nature, and to receive all the wonderful healing benefits nature provides for us.
Matthew connects through the healing qualities of sound, vibrations and frequencies.
Guiding your self awareness to any energetic blockages via chakra toning and internal stillness mind body soul attunement.
Upon becoming aware of where our issues originated we automatically begin the dissolution process and fears can’t hold us bound any longer.
Dream weaving through the songs of the earth and the hearts of those who walk this evolution. And for more info to contact @didjremedies.
Please note - it is a good idea to allow up to 5 hours and not be in a hurry to leave, to fully enjoy this journey.
Even though we will be on a walking track, you will need to be fairly fit with good footing, as there is a slight incline, steps, uneven ground, tree roots and possibly some rocks and logs to step over.
- Meet at carpark 7.30am sharp for Smudging (optional), Introductions and Intention setting.
- You will be required to sign a waiver before we start the walk. The address will be sent to you once your spot is secured.
- 8am Begin our walk in silence for approx 1 hour to our destination.
Julia will be setting the pace - slow to medium, stopping at times to tune into our senses, connect with the trees, plants, insects, funghi, water, rocks etc.
- Once we are at our destination in the forest by the creek, we will set up our mats/cushion and get comfortable. You will be taken on a sound journey of didgeridoo, flute playing, tibetan bowls and chimes. Just magic.
- Next we will spread ourselves out, and spend about 45 minutes in our own space to do what ever you like. Eg. Meditate, journal, hug trees, sit in silence with your feet in the creek, or slowly wander.
- After this time, we will gather around for a picnic, conversation and snacks while listening to the music of the plants.
- We will then head back to the carpark aiming to return around 12.30pm. That will be the end of the event, however some of us will take a walk to the bottom of Twin Falls so if you feel up to it and have the time you are welcome to join us. This is like the icing on the cake :) - we get to walk through rock caves with Matt playing the didge.
You will need to bring ~
- Plenty of warm clothes, as it will be cold up there, especially when we sitting or laying down.
- Rain jacket/poncho/umbrella just incase
- Good walking shoes. Spare socks. (It may be muddy)
- Yoga mat, cushion or something comfortable to sit/lay on. Which ever you are comfortable with.
- Some plastic or small tarp to put under you as sometimes the ground can be damp/wet. A large garbage bag takes up less room.
- Insect repellent (non aerosol, and as natural as possible please)
- A sun hat
- Water bottle
- A snack to share at the end (preferably healthy)
* Please avoid wearing any perfumes and sprays unless they are organic. Eg Essential Oils.
* Please also avoid wearing noisy jewellery.
* When participating in this event you are fully responsible for your own health & safety. You will be asked to sign a waver before we start the walk.
* All phones are to be switched off or in flight mode while on this journey.
As you can imagine, we are in the wilderness.
There are bugs, ticks, leaches, snakes, spiders etc. it’s all a part of Nature.
* This is an adults only event *
WHERE: Springbrook National Park. (more detail provided when you purchase your ticket)
VALUE EXCHANGE: $55 + booking fee
Ticket sales will close 6pm Saturday 16th night 16/12/2023 unless all sold out prior.
No refunds unless the event is cancelled due to weather. Booking fee is non-refundable.
Places are limited to 12 people only.
We require a minimum of 8 people attending for the event to go ahead, so be sure to invite your friends!
You will then be sent an email with confirmation of your spot and the meeting details.
We look forward to seeing you in the Forest
Julia & Matt