Getting Started with Consumer and Community Involvement in Research
Are you interested in consumer and community involvement in health and medical research but not sure where to start?
At this free webinar, the Tasmanian Collaboration for Health Improvement’s, Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator will cover the basics of consumer and community involvement in research. Plus, hear from a research team which is putting consumer and community involvement into practice in rural Tasmania.
This online seminar will cover:
- Consumer and community involvement and how this is different from being a research participant.
- What to consider before starting with consumer and community involvement.
- Learn about the levels of involvement and different research roles for consumers and community members.
- Hear from UTAS researcher, Nicola Gadd, community member Celia Ralston, and lived experience advocate Sally Kriel, about consumer and community involvement on a Tasmanian Bowel Cancer research project.
- Understand the value and impact of consumers and community involvement in research.