Governance for CHSP Service Providers in CALD Communities: What You Need to Know
BRIEF: This workshop will equip providers with the knowledge to effectively implement governance in their organisations, leading to better service provision and improved outcomes for older people in CALD communities.
Duration: 1.5 hours
OBJECTIVE: The workshop aims to provide community service providers who offer help at home for older people in CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) communities with an understanding of the importance of governance, its key components, and how it can be effectively implemented.
PRESENTER BIO: Elena Muller has over 15 years’ experience delivering business transformation projects to aged care providers. She is a Board Director at Burnside Retirement Services, Retirement Villages Assessor with QIP, a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Vice President of the Career Development Association of Australia (SA Chapter).
WHO IS THIS SESSION FOR: Board Members and Executives of CHSP Providers and other Community Organisations as well as those who are looking into joining the board of a community organisation.
- General Public: $125.00 + booking fees
- CHSP Service Provider: FREE
- MCCSA Member Organisation: FREE
- CHSP SSD Coordinators: FREE
If you have any queries, please email George Gouzounis, CHSP SSD Coordinator at Multicultural Communities Council of SA.
- Importance of Governance in Community Service Provision
- What is governance and why is it important?
- The benefits of good governance for community service providers
- Understanding the role of governance in managing risk
- Key Components of Effective Governance
- The role of the board or management committee
- Understanding your organisation's constitution
- Policies and procedures
- Risk management and compliance
- Governance in Practice: Case Studies
- Practical examples of effective governance in community service provision
- Challenges and solutions in implementing governance in CALD communities
- Action steps for implementing effective governance in your organisation
CALD.NET.AU is an initiative by the Multicultural Communities Council of SA aiming to strengthen CHSP Service Providers and assist their Boards, Directors and Officers through support for business transformation in preparation for a new in-home aged care system. Visit CALD.NET.AU to see all upcoming sessions.