Greening the Healthcare Sector Forum 2023
IN-PERSON TICKETS ARE NOW CLOSED. ONLINE TICKET SALES WILL CLOSE AT 5PM AEST ON WEDNESDAY 13 SEPTEMBER.
This forum is proudly co-organised by the Climate and Health Alliance (CAHA), the Global Green and Healthy Hospitals Network (GGHH Pacific) and the Western Australia Sustainable Development Unit (WA SDU), and hosted by South Metropolitan Health Service (SMHS).
When and where
The forum will take place on 14-15 September in-person at the Fiona Stanley Hospital on Whadjuk Noongar Country, and online.
The official forum will end at 1:30pm AWST on Friday 15th September, and will be followed by a selection of tours.
Who should come
Anyone interested in improving the environmental footprint of healthcare and aged care, and fostering a healthy future for people and the planet. The forum will provide opportunities for connection, knowledge sharing, learning and upskilling, for both in-person and online attendees.
About the program
The overarching theme of the forum is "Empowering action for sustainable, climate resilient healthcare". Evidence for addressing healthcare sustainability has built up over the past decades – but how do we engage our decision makers, suppliers, our colleagues and our patients in the process? How do we overcome barriers to progress? How do we actually drive the shifts in our healthcare system to turn this evidence into action?
Our forum will be focused on the ‘how’ – how do we empower action to deliver sustainable and climate resilient healthcare?
A diverse line-up of speakers, from healthcare, government, industry partners, academia and beyond, will share their expertise on current research, policy, industry innovations and practical examples of sustainable healthcare in action.
On Friday 15th September, both in person and virtual attendees will have four workshop options to select from, facilitated by experts and aimed at equipping you with practical knowledge and skills to drive sustainable healthcare. Read the workshop outlines here.
At the conclusion of the Forum on Friday 15th September in person attendees are welcome to join us on local tours. Sign up sheets available on the day. Read more about the tours here.
Ticketing and event FAQs
- Sessions will be recorded and shared with delegates after the forum (where speakers give permission).
- In-person registrations are limited and subject to availability.
- A tax invoice will automatically be generated upon completion of registration.
- You may be eligible for CPD points; to request a certificate of attendance please email us after forum.
- Refund and cancellation policy available here.
- This year's forum has been designed as a hybrid (in-person + online) event, to make the entire experience accessible to virtual attendees and presenters. So, we're pleased to be in a position where we can move the forum 100% online if local restrictions require it.
Proudly co-presented by...
With thanks to...
Our host partner:
Want to sponsor this year's Forum? Read our Sponsorship prospectus!
Our Platinum sponsors:
Our Gold sponsors:
Our promotional partners: