Greening the Healthcare Sector Forum 2023
This forum is proudly co-organised by the Climate and Health Alliance (CAHA), the Global Green and Healthy Hospitals Network (GGHH Pacific) and the Western Australia Sustainable Development Unit (WA SDU), and hosted by South Metropolitan Health Service (SMHS).
When and where
The forum will take place on 14 - 15 September in-person on Noongar Country, at the Fiona Stanley Hospital, and online.
The official forum will end at 2pm AWST on Friday 15th September, and will be followed by a social event for in person attendees (more details to come).
Who should come
Anyone interested in improving the environmental footprint of healthcare and aged care, and fostering a healthy future for people and the planet. The forum will provide opportunities for connection, knowledge sharing, learning and upskilling, for both in-person and online attendees.
About the program
The overarching theme of the forum is "Empowering action for sustainable, climate resilient healthcare". Evidence for addressing healthcare sustainability has built up over the past decades – but how do we engage our decision makers, suppliers, our colleagues and our patients in the process? How do we overcome barriers to progress? How do we actually drive the shifts in our healthcare system to turn this evidence into action?
Our forum will be focused on the ‘how’ – how do we empower action to deliver sustainable and climate resilient healthcare?
A diverse line-up of speakers, from healthcare, government, industry partners, academia and beyond, will share their expertise on current research, policy, industry innovations and practical examples of sustainable healthcare in action.
The forum program is not yet released. You can find more information on the forum website, and sign up to our Sustainable Healthcare newsletter to be notified of updates.
Ticketing and event FAQs
- Sessions will be recorded and shared with delegates after the forum (where speakers give permission).
- In-person registrations are limited and subject to availability.
- A tax invoice will automatically be generated upon completion of registration.
- You may be eligible for CPD points; to request a certificate of attendance please email us after forum.
- Please note: All in-person sales must be finalised by Sunday 10th September.
- In person tickets include catering for each full day and offsets for the carbon emissions associated with the forum.
- Refund and cancellation policy available here.
- This year's forum has been designed as a hybrid (in-person + online) event, to make the entire experience accessible to virtual attendees and presenters. So, we're pleased to be in a position where we can move the forum 100% online if local restrictions require it.
Proudly co-presented by...
With thanks to...
Our host partner:
Our Platinum sponsors:
Want to sponsor this year's Forum? Read our Sponsorship prospectus!
Our Gold sponsors:
Our Silver sponsors:
Our promotional partners: