HATCH Taronga Accelerator Program Pitch Event 2023
Join us for the HATCH: Taronga Accelerator Program Pitch Event 2023 to hear from our passionate founders about the brilliant initiatives they are hatching for the planet. This is the first year the HATCH Pitch Event will be coming together in person at Taronga Zoo Sydney, for what will certainly be a memorable night.
Our six teams came into the HATCH Program with exciting ideas to improve wildlife conservation and create a more sustainable future. Over the past months they have inspired us with their passion, commitment and perseverance to drive their initiatives forward.
The HATCH 2023 teams are:
- Be The Future – Multi-sensory climate EDUtainment for kids that bursts with hope, humour and playful action.
- Habitat Pods (ReHabitat) – Lightweight, modular and biodegradable emergency refuges that can be rapidly deployed to protect wildlife after natural disasters and environmental disturbances.
- LOWN – Is a fashion rental platform with products that were designed to restore nature. Their goal is to reconnect humans with nature through their wardrobes by providing high-quality products made with natural materials via a premium rental service that eliminates the burdens of the style and ethical decision making process and costs of ownership.
- Scrunch (Scrunched Solutions)– A compression system to manage bulky soft plastics. It is not just your solution for storing soft plastic at home but a solution for keeping plastic out of our oceans by making sure it gets recycled.
- Reviving Cultural Practices – An education program that will increase cultural and environmental awareness of the importance of traditional cool-burning and its role in maintaining healthy ecosystems whilst preserving traditional knowledge and practices.
- OneFishTwoFish (Seafood Positive) – Reversing biodiversity loss in the oceans by moving towards a ‘circular’ seafood economy. For every fish sold, caught, or consumed, they will return two fish to the ocean.
Please join us from 6pm for some light refreshments with the Pitch Event kicking off at 6:30pm.
This pitch event is your chance to learn more about these six exciting initiatives and hear from and connect with the founders. We will also be announcing the successful team chosen by an external judging panel to receive $50,000. Teams will also be in for a chance to win the $5,000 People’s Choice Award as voted by attendees on the night!
We are so proud of our teams and excited by their ventures and can’t wait to share them with you!
Tickets are limited so get in quick!