Healthy Mothers Healthy Families (Group 28)
Healthy Mothers Healthy Families*
Do you wish you had more balance in your life, and time for your own well-being? The Healthy Mothers Healthy Families* program supports mothers of children with disability to create a healthy lifestyle that fosters their own well-being, alongside a healthy, happy family life.
This FREE evidence based program developed by Prof Helen Bourke-Taylor from Monash University, co-design with mothers and is delivered by Kindred. Come and learn how to improve your health and well-being while balancing the needs of your family.
The online workshops will cover:
- How to make positive changes to your health and wellbeing
- Research findings and the shared wisdom of other mothers
- Health information, tips and strategies
- Services and supports
The program is delivered online in 3 x 2-hour sessions over 6 weeks.
Session 1: Monday 9 October 2023; 10am – 12pm (AEDT)
Session 2: Monday 30 October 2023; 10am – 12pm (AEDT)
Session 3: Monday 20 November 2023; 10am – 12pm (AEDT)
Your registration is for all 3 sessions. It is recommended you attend all 3 sessions in order to get the most value from this program.
- Sessions are delivered online via Zoom. Instructions will be emailed to you.
- The program is for mothers and female caregivers of a child or young adult with disability.
- All facilitators have a deep understanding and expertise through their own lived experience as a parent of a child or young adult with disability. Facilitators are trained by Prof Helen Bourke-Taylor from Monash University.
Healthy Mothers Healthy Families* is an evidence-based online health education and empowerment program for mothers of children with disability. The program was developed by and is proprietary to Prof Helen Bourke-Taylor from Monash University. Visit https://healthymothers-healthyfamilies.com/. (*) all names brands licensed by Monash University.
For any queries relating to this program, please contact Andie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Kindred provides an opportunity for families raising children with disability to learn from each other and share their experiences and resources. Kindred does not provide personalised advice or services.
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Visit https://www.dss.gov.au/ for more information.