How To Create A Supportive Home Environment For Your Neurodivergent Tweens or Teens
The tween and teen years can be a challenging time to navigate for both parents, tweens and teenagers especially if your child is Autistic or has ADHD.
The years 10-18 are times of immense change in a young person's life. Not only are they navigating changes inside their bodies but this is also a time of increased demands on our children socially as well as academically.
This can lead to an increase in:
- Disruptive or dysregulated behaviour - such as more regular meltdowns and shutdowns.
- School refusal or 'school can't'.
- Withdrawal from relationships.
- Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).
- Panic attacks, anxiety, depression, burn-out or suicidal ideation.
All these behaviours can be extremely distressing and can cause us to wonder just how we can support our children when things feel so overwhelming.
In this 90-Minute Masterclass for Parents of Children Aged 10-18 Years, we will explore:
- What some of the reasons behind your child's behaviours might be and how to become a 'needs detective'?
- The importance of building 'connection capital' with your child and ways that you can create more connection-filled moments with your Autistic or ADHD tween or teen.
- What to do during a meltdown or shutdown to support your child.
- How to support your tween or teen's emotional and mental health.
- Possible supports and ways that you can adapt your parenting approach to meet the needs of your Neurodivergent tween or teen.
Suitable for all parents and educators of tweens and teens 10-18 years old.
Move through the session interactively or watch the recording afterwards as provided.
A Completion Certificate is provided to attendees of the Masterclass.
Cost $55 NZD or Pay What You Can as part of our Ethical Pricing Offer.