Inclusive Design (Virtual) - March: Vision Australia
To take part in online training for Inclusive Design, you will need the following:
- Access to a desktop/laptop computer with a stable internet connection
- Access to Zoom meetings
- Course Modules (we will provide)
- Working headphones/microphone/speakers
Learn about inclusive design concepts and theory and how to put them in to practice. This unique course will help participants gain an understanding of what a disability is and provide the knowledge, tools, and frameworks to design more inclusively.
The workshop is aimed at user experience designers, user experience researchers, UI Designers and product designers. Technical training for developers, web producers and accessibility analysts is provided through our Web Accessibility Techniques and Testing training. Our Accessible Communications and Marketing training provides hands-on experience using simple tools to web writers, editors, publishers and content managers.
Module 1: Introduction to inclusive design
- What is inclusive design
- What is a disability
- Legislation and legal requirements
- The different ways people interact with digital user interfaces and devices today
Module 2: Accessibility design patterns
- Design patterns for vision loss
Module 3: Accessibility design patterns (continued)
- Design patterns for hearing loss
- Design patterns for speech and language disabilities
- Design patterns for physical and motor disabilities
- Design patterns for cognitive and learning disabilities
Module 4: Research and development
- Design patterns for mental health/illness
- Conducting user research
- Creating a persona spectrum
- Group mini-project
You will be provided with digital slides and a list of resources for further reading.
Thursdays 2pm to 4pm AEDT
March 3, 10, 17, 24
Cost and Inclusions
Price listed is per person, including GST.
- $595 full fee
- $535 (group booking over 4 attendees)
You may only cancel your registration by written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. If notification of cancellation is received by Vision Australia: (i) more than 14 days prior to the event, a full refund of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $16.95, will be provided; (ii) between 7 and 14 days prior to the event, a refund of 50% of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $16.95, will be provided; (iii) less than 7 days prior to the event, registration fees will not be refunded.
Phone: 1300 367 055