Innovation Challenge: Waste Water for Breweries & Wineries
Have you got ideas for addressing waste water challenges?
Keen to connect with south west breweries and wineries?
Join us on the 4th November for an exciting innovation challenge in the beautiful Margaret River region, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to help solve waste water challenges that are impacting on the sustainability of south west wineries and breweries.
This innovation challenge will bring together breweries, wineries, researchers, government, startups and relevant service providers to develop ideas for potential solutions that can then be taken through to commercialisation.
The event will include guest speakers from wineries, breweries, service providers and regulators to provide details on the problem and gaps in the market. Participants will work in teams to develop new ideas using a facilitated design thinking process. Subject matter experts will be on hand to guide teams and provide feedback on new ideas. Follow up mentoring will be provided to take selected ideas through to potential commercialisation.
A networking sundowner will follow at CBCo Brewery (fmr Colonial Brewery) with investors and key stakeholders.
Who should attend?
- Researchers focused on waste water management
- Startups developing new innovations for waste water
- Service providers to wineries and breweries
- Winery and brewery owners or managers
- Government bodies supporting waste water management and beverage production
Prep required: A more detailed problem statement and optional reading will be sent prior to the event. Just bring an open, collaborative and creative mind on the day!
- Friday 4th November, 9am to 5pm, followed by networking event
- Morning tea, lunch, networking drinks and canapes provided
- Venue: CBCo (fmr Colonial) Brewery, 20 Osmington Rd, Margaret River
- Cost: free
- Register by Monday 31st October
This event is part of CONNECT Sustainable Industries supported by the Shire of Augusta Margaret River, and the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation through the New Industries Fund – X-Tend WA Program.