Introducing: RAG RUGS
Enjoy a craft-filled afternoon and learn to make your very own eco-friendly Rag Rug that adds colour and comfort to
your floor. Enjoy mindfulness in our nurturing community home, while also reducing your waste footprint!
This workshop is about sharing the ancient, deliciously vibrant and satisfying craft of rag rug making. Once popular during the Arts and Craft movement of the early 1900s and of course a necessity during the Great Depression of the 1930s, the process is deeply relaxing and creative.
Participants are introduced to various forms and then shown a simple looping technique for making their own rug. You will be able to continue to divert fabric and clothing from landfill and reduce your waste footprint.
Suitable for 18 + years
Tutor: Sarah Dally
What is provided:
- All material kindly provided by our Haberdashery Thrift Shop
- Tea and Coffee with biscuits
- Lots of friendly smiles and great conversations
What to bring:
- Quality fabric scissors or rotary cutters
Terms and conditions
Our cancellation policy depends on when you cancel. We have to arrange class tutors and prep for the classes. As many of our classes are fully booked, last minute cancellations would result in a loss of income. We are a small not for profit organisation and rely on the income from our classes.
1. If a class is cancelled by The Nest community (eg due to minimum number not reached, tutor not available due to covid), you will receive a full refund for you to rebook at your convenience.
2. If you cannot attend a workshop, it is vital that you contact us to allow us to fill your space on the workshop by emailing email@example.com
a) Cancellation with 7 or more days notice will receive a full refund for you to rebook at your convenience.
b) Cancellation with less than 7 days notice, will not be refunded. If a medical certificate is provided, we can issue you with a credit note valid for 6 months.
c) Failure to attend on the day of the class will result in a loss of your class fee.