Introductory Course: Regional and Economic Development via Community Wealth Building May 2023
Community Wealth Building For All – An introductory course for government, non-government organisations and community on local economic empowerment and transformation
This course provides an introduction community wealth building. This course is designed for leaders and practitioners from government, NGOs, community organisations, business and other individuals seeking a foundational understanding in the benefits, opportunity and solutions offered by community wealth building.
Community wealth building is an important local economic and community development approach that lifts whole communities both economically and socially. It changes the way our local economies function to place ownership, control and benefits into the hands of local people; and to ensure the economy genuinely works for all and the environment.
Why is community wealth building relevant for you?
- It provides practical strategies, tools and solutions that all levels of society can implement - government, business, NGOs, councils, community organisations, community groups and you!
- For communities that face economic and social challenges, community wealth building can stop economic leakage, keep and grow wealth locally and build a more stable economy. It can grow more local and inclusive businesses and supply chains that retain, recirculate and magnify local outcomes. It can build capacity among local people and organisations to undertake locally relevant economic development and transform their regions’ economic and social wellbeing, especially through future challenges.
- For communities that already have a strong local economy, community wealth building can give residents more control and influence in local economic and social matters, promote economic and social resilience and self-sufficiency, increase individual and community wealth and prosperity, build economic & social equality and ensure the local economy achieves the needs and aspirations of the local community now and into the future.
- For government and non-government organisations, community wealth building offers a range of policy strategies and solutions to achieve the above objectives.
- It has proven to bring real benefits to local towns and people, tangible improvements in economic, social, cultural and environmental outcomes, and a growing number of places across the Australia and the world are adopting this approach.
Who Should Participate?
This course is designed for leaders and practitioners from government, local council, non-government organisations, community organisations and individuals seeking a foundational understanding in community wealth building.
- Understand the core principles, pillars and approaches that underpin community wealth building
- Understand the opportunity and benefit for your region, community and economy
- Understand the role different stakeholders play in community wealth building strategies
- Be inspired by case studies from Australia and internationally
- Grow the Australian network of community wealth building leaders and practitioners
- Introduction to community wealth building
- Aims of Community Wealth Building
- Community Wealth Building Principles & Pillars
- Benefits and impact of community wealth building
- Strategies and approaches for implementing community wealth building
- History of community wealth building and examples from the US & UK
- Emergence and examples of community wealth building in Australia
Format and mode of delivery
This course is a half day course delivered with a facilitator via video conferencing.
The course runs from 9:30am to 1:30pm.
Ethical Fields has a sliding scale for pricing to support capacity building and reflect different capacities to pay.
Group discounts are available for large and/or inhouse bookings. Please contact Ethical Fields to arrange a group discount code at email@example.com
Individual pricing is as follows:
- First nations and community leaders and organisations $225 plus GST and booking fee
- Not-for-profit organisations $425 plus GST and booking fee
- Government officers, consultants and business practitioners $525 plus GST and booking fee
*Includes online facilitated session and electronic copy of Ethical Fields Community Wealth Building Course Notes.