Japanese Cooking: Healthy Plant-Based Recipes with Naoko (online)
How delicious is fresh Japanese! Such attention to detail of flavour, texture, colour, and aroma. While requiring an attention to details, Japanese cooking doesn't need to be too complicated to be both incredibly tasty and healthy.
In this class you'll be able to cook along with Naoko in Kanazawa, Japan, as she demonstrates how to prepare a few simple, complimentary dishes.
Learn to make dashi (an umami-packed stock), prepare classic Japanese vegetables and make buckwheat balls. When infused and prepared to complement one another this is a perfect vegetarian meal!
This class welcomes absolute beginners.
Check out the ingredient list below to have everything on hand for class time.
What we will cover?
In this online cooking lesson we will:
- Gain an introduction to Japanese food and its preparation
- Learn about Japanese pantry staples
- Cook along with Naoko in making a delicious vegetarian Dashi Vegetable dish (vegan options included): dashi stock, Japanese vegetables, and buckwheat balls.
What will you need?
- Dried bonito flakes (or dried Chinese mushrooms as vegan option)
- Mirin (or Japanese sake and sugar)
- Soy sauce
- Oil for frying
- Sweet potato
- Buckwheat flour
- Green chili pepper (or green pepper)
Please contact us if you have questions about substitutions or dietary requirements.
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Naoko (she/her) is an enthusiastic cook in Kanazawa, Japan. She has visited Melbourne, and is keen to get more Melbournians into their kitchens feeling confident and curious about Japanese cuisine.
You can see more of Naoko's cooking on her Instagram account @naoko.hori.33
Photo by AI via rawpixel.com
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot Maddy (she/her) an email at email@example.com