HealthTech Activator - Knowing your Customer and your Market workshop
The HealthTech Activator’s (HTA) next online market validation workshop, Knowing your Customer and your Market, takes place on 20 June 2023.
A lack of robust market validation is one of the most common weaknesses of healthtech businesses searching for investment. It can lead you to make the wrong product for the wrong customer and cause you to miss valuable opportunities.
This workshop will help you:
- Reframe an offering from a product- or technology-centric perspective to a customer-centric perspective
- Create a Job-To-Be-Done customer motivation canvas
- Create a value proposition shaped around customer problems and challenges
- Create a set of customer attribute assumptions to be validated
- Manage data collection for validation
The workshop is aimed at early stage healthtech companies, or healthtech companies that would like to have a fresh look at their market and how they have validated it to date.
The workshop is run by Will Perry and Shaun Wilson from Apagie, who use their cross-industry experience to give companies the right processes and perspectives for successfully commercialising their health technology .
- Pre-workshop: pre-reading from an information package shared in the week before by the facilitators.
- Online workshop: 20 June, 9am - 4:30pm
- Post-workshop: optional follow up discussion with the workshop facilitators.
- Cost: Free - must be NZ-registered healthtech company
- Attendance is limited to ten companies, with a maximum two attendees per company
To confirm your place please no later than 13 June 2023.
About the presenters:
Will Perry, Apagie, Director
Will Perry is founder and director of Apagie, a consulting firm accelerating the commercial success of NZ businesses. At Apagie Will focuses on unpicking the psychology of customer behaviour and choices to bring businesses closer to their customers. He believes that by understanding why and how customers buy, businesses can save time and money, and create enduring sales.
Will has experience across several industries, from engineering and manufacturing to specialised medical technology. Previously, Will was a part of the PwC Sales Advisory practice, commercialising new technologies, products, and guiding entry into new overseas markets. Will began in the science and medical industry and moved into business consulting after running a successful Manuka honey operation with his father.
Shaun Wilson, Apagie, Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
Shaun has more than 25 years of experience delivering market research, strategic planning, technology innovation, revenue growth, and business process improvement in banking, real estate, healthcare, insurance, airline, and e commerce sectors in New Zealand and the United States.
Most recently, Shaun has helped launch an innovative business model focussed on mitigating risk in the home using IoT technology. Prior to that he was consulting with large US health systems to generate market growth strategies for their physician networks.
Contact the HTA for more information, or explore the HTA website.