Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction for Healthcare Professionals Online
MBSR for Healthcare Professionals is an 8-week evidence based, experiential program tailored specifically to meet the needs of healthcare professionals. MBSR provides intensive and systematic training in mindfulness meditation and movement practices, integrating into one’s daily life what is discovered and learned through the process of participating in the program.
Research consistently indicates positive outcomes for healthcare professionals participating in MBSR in reducing stress and preventing burnout.
First created in 1979, by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., MBSR has over 40 years of research that consistently demonstrates increased self-awareness and emotional and attentional regulation. In addition, outcomes highlight statistically significant reductions in symptoms for various physical and behavioral health conditions including anxiety, depression and chronic pain, along with positive changes in risk factors that may lead to more serious chronic ailments.
MBSR participants can expect to experience:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices.
- Gentle streching and mindful yoga.
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises.
- Individually tailored instruction to meet the needs of healthcare professionals.
- Daily home assignments.
- Guided meditations and workbooks.
With focus on developing…
- Recognition of the present moment
- The breath as a place to come back to in moments of stress
- Mindfulness practice
- Understanding of stress physiology
- The ability to recognize automatic mind and body reactivity to stress
- Awareness of the link between stress and thoughts
- Interpersonal mindfulness and mindful communication
- Applying mindfulness to our daily lives
- Mindfulness a part of your life
Who will benefit?
The MBSR Programme has benefited thousands of people around the world who report a variety of conditions and concerns including:
- Stress Related Life Issues – Work, school, family, financial, illness, ageing, grief, uncertainty about the future and feeling ’out of control’.
- Medical conditions – Chronic illness, chronic pain, high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, coronary heart disease, asthma, skin disorders and many other conditions
- Psychological distress – Anxiety, trauma, depression, fatigue and sleep disturbances
- Prevention and Wellbeing – Enhancement of health and wellbeing that encourages a deeper sense of equanimity in ourselves and our relationships.
This programme is challenging and life-affirming. Participating in MBSR requires an ongoing commitment to yourself.
Lisa Brown is a Registered Psychologist, Certified Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Teacher (Brown University, USA) and Yoga Teacher in private practice in Coffs Harbour. Facilitating MBSR groups for 12 years, Lisa has a passion for mind body medicine and the integration of science and wisdom traditions in supporting healing and wholeness. She has worked with people experiencing trauma for more than 20 years and brings a depth of experience and practices to support safety and wellbeing.
Jude Baderle is a mindfulness based somatic psychotherapist practicing in Coffs Harbour. She has trained in Mindfulness Based Stress reduction as well as in the Insight tradition, where she has been involved in running and teaching on retreats. Jude loves to guide people to find sustainable and creative ways to bring mindfulness practices into daily life.
* Rebates may be available for people referred by their GP or Insurance Company.
Some private health funds will also provide rebates.