Date: Wednesday 13 December
Time: 1pm to 2pm SA, NT | 1.30pm to 2.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS | 10.30am to 11.30am WA | 12pm to 1pm NT | 12.30pm to 1.30pm QLD
Audience: Nurses, Care and Support Staff in Aged and Disability services
Presenter: Preventing Harm Initiative
Are you confident in recognising and responding to choking and swallowing risks?
Do you know what is recommended to reduce this risk and what to do when the person you support chooses to not follow safety advice?
This course will step you through what you need to know to manage mealtime safety risks to meet quality standard requirements and improve the mealtime experience of the people that you support.
- Know the sign and symptoms of swallowing and choking risks
- Be aware of quality standard requirements in aged and disability care
- Learn the best practice methods of reducing risks and responding to choking
- Know how to use a mealtime management plan and implement specialist advice
- Gain case study practice of reducing risk and improving the persons mealtime experience
- Know what to do and document if a person chooses to not follow safety advice
By purchasing tickets you agree to ACIA sending training updates to you.
Notification of cancellation or transfer of registration must be by email to email@example.com. No refund is available for any cancellations received five working days or less prior to the start date, however a substitute delegate is welcome. Please notify ACIA of any substitution as soon as possible. No refund or transfer will be given for non-attendance.