Mental Health First Responders Intro Training (Session 1 of 2)
This is a global live online event, to check the time in your part of the world, click here.
This program pairs with Mental Health First Aid and is in partnership with the Mental Health Foundation of Australia to bring meaningful change to workplaces through practical solutions and measurable results.
Mental Health First Responder Program Summary
Gain the knowledge, skills, and tools to effectively establish and promote mental and emotional well-being in your workplace, school, community organisation, and family. This program also provides training for targeted and trusted support for those in crisis.
If you’re ready to invest in cutting-edge tools and knowledge to enhance the mental and emotional well-being of any organization and team, then you have come to the right place!
The Mental Health First Responder Program is designed to equip learners with the knowledge, skills, and tools to effectively create psychological safety, embed authentic relating skills, and support cultures of resilience in teams and organizations.
These workshops provide insights into the following topics:
- The current state of Mental Health in Australian Workplaces
- Assessing Psychological Safety in Groups
- Transforming Psychological Harm through Empathy
- Universal Human Needs
- The Relationship Between Feelings and Needs
- Measuring the Emotional States in Individuals and Groups
- Strain vs Distress & Discerning Appropriate Support
- Assisting Others to Move Through Emotional Difficulty
- Pillars of Wellbeing
- Risk + Crisis Assessment
- De-Escalation & Emergency Empathy
- Referring to other Supports
- Compassion Fatigue + Self-Care
Please note: this practical introductory workshop is part of a hybrid self-paced learning course. You can purchase this training via the Discovery or Full Certified Mental Health First Responder package, of which is detailed below.
Discovery package includes - $0.00
1 x Complimentary ticket to attend all community workshops
1 x Free access to the Emotional Pulse App
1 x LIFT training skillset
Full Certified Practitioner Package - $299+gst
1 x Globally recognized certification
1 x Mental Health First Responder digital handbook
1 x One-on-one Coaching Session to integrate the listening & reflective skillset
1 x Team Emotional Pulse credit
1 x Access to all digital content to run your own Mental Health & Wellbeing workshops backed by ShareTree team upon successful completion of online assessment
To access the online learning immediately, please purchase this package directly from our website.
After successfully completing the full certified program you will be able to:
- Establish mental health & psychological safety frameworks in workplaces
- Guide and consult on creating psychological safety and mental & emotional wellbeing
- Guide and coach people through emotional difficulty
- Guide individuals and teams on using effective communication skills
- Identify individuals in crisis and provide effective trusted support
- Implement trauma-informed processes for providing support to others
- Assess current levels of psychological safety + wellbeing
- Lead cultures of compassion and mental & emotional wellbeing
How is this different from Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training?
Great question! We’re very supportive of the skills and awareness that MHFA brings and see it as a valuable contribution to a mentally healthy (and mental-health competent) culture. Using the best practice Mental Health framework of Promotion, Prevention, Early Intervention and Treatment, our short explanation is that MHFA training excels at Early Intervention and referral for Treatment, whereas MHFR training excels at the Promotion and Prevention end of things.
We've put together this table to tease out some of the differences.
Mental Health First Responder
Mental Health First Aid
Universal way of Mental Health Promotion and Prevention based on sources of mental and emotional strain
Particular methods of Mental Health Early Intervention based on observable Mental Health Challenges
LIFT + ACT – focusses on Promotion + Prevention
ALGEE – focuses on Early Intervention
Identifies distress and provides immediate emotional support; identifies mental issues/support referrals if needed.
Identifies Mental Health Issues and Refers to Qualified Support
1.5 Day (9hrs)
2 day (12hrs)
Interpersonal harm, psychological safety listening & crisis intervention skills and implementing mental health frameworks in organisations are covered in detail
Mental health problems and crisis situations are covered in detail
Interpersonal Harm Covered
Mental health problems covered
• Anxiety problems
• Substance use problems
Mental health crises covered:
• Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
• Non-suicidal self-injury
• Panic attacks
• Traumatic events
• Severe psychotic states
• Severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
• Aggressive behaviours.
Good for supporting those in emotional distress and improving organisational management of mental health in the workplace.
Good for raising awareness and reducing stigma.
How to respond skillfully and supportively when someone is ‘not ok’ and may or may not be in crisis.
How to recognise the signs of a mental health crisis and skillfully refer to a professional.
What do people have to say about this workshop?
“I can confidently say that ShareTree is at the cutting edge of the sciences of education, psychology and whole organisation change. They are innovative, dedicated, and determined in their practical idealism to benefit humanity.”
- Dr Derek Patton, PhD Character Psychologist of University of Melbourne
This workshop is designed to empower Leaders, Consultants, Coaches & Executives in the following fields:
- People and Culture
- Organisational Performance
- Human Resource Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Change Management
- Health & Well-being
- Social Workers
- Sports Clubs
Do you have more questions? We are here for you.