Mindful Movement Brain Breaks - Professional Learning - Tools for Teachers
>> LIMITED SPOTS <<
>>> The training includes morning tea and light lunch. Please specify your dietary requirements at checkout. <<<
If you work with children or teenagers, you’ll know that sitting still is not always an option. This is where Mindful Movement Brain Breaks can help you change the classroom dynamics.
With short 3-15min curriculum aligned mindful movement breaks you can support learning ready states (‘lighting up the brain’), foster social-emotional learning, reduce stress and anxiety, help with transitions, regulate behaviour – all while also supporting the teachers’ health and wellness.
No prior background or previous experience is required for our training – only a passion for mindfulness, education, and the health and wellness of children and teens.
Empowering you to Facilitate Mindful Classroom Experiences
Mindfulness and Movement for growing bodies and minds. Actively supporting holistic wellbeing programs.
This training includes
- High quality facilitation and education by Yogazeit's Mindful Movement Education Team
- Learning and practice of over 60 evidence-based classroom activities combining Mindfulness and Movement.
- 99 page Curriculum with evidence-based calming and energising breathing exercises, (chair) yoga, and mindfulness activities.
- Ready-to-use lesson plans (which we'll practice during the training) for seamless integration into your classroom routine.
- Aligned with the Australian Curriculum to enhance student well-being and development.
- Designed in consultation with Australian Schools for classroom effectiveness.
Benefits for Students
- Promotes healthy behaviour and stress reduction.
- Fosters a ready-to-learn attitude and smooth transitions between lessons.
- Enhances social-emotional learning and mental health.
- Improves physical and social well-being.
Benefits for Teachers
- Prioritises teacher well-being.
- Helps manage stress levels and model effective coping strategies.
- Creates a positive classroom environment and enhances teaching skills.
- Supports self-care and maintains a healthy mindset.
3-15 min Mindful Movement Brain Breaks
- Support learning, wellbeing and resilience for students AND staff
- Aligned with Australian Curriculum Standards
- Meeting the National Health and Wellbeing Framework
- Developed in Australia
- Certified hundreds of teachers and health professionals since 2017
Hundreds of teachers have successfully implemented Mindfulness and Movement tools in schools in Australia and New Zealand
- Teachers/Admin staff don't need to have any previous yoga experience.
- No special equipment is needed. You 'only' need breathing bodies.
- Mindful Movement is suitable for all abilities (including those with special needs) and can be held anywhere: in the classroom, in the canteen, or on the oval. With 5 children or 100 children.
- Aligned with the Australian Education Curriculum and Health and National Health and Wellbeing Framework.
Teachers/staff will leave the workshop confident and empowered to teach short 'Wellbeing/Mindfulness/Yoga' brain breaks in the classroom where they see fit (used as a transition, preparation for testing situations, to set up/finish the day, and more) without adding anything to their (already complete) curriculum.
Previously held at
- ACHPER WA 2018, 2020 and 2021 State Conference
- Murdoch University School of Education Summer School (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Mondays @ Murdoch (2019, 2020)
- Fremantle Cockburn Schools Network Conference 2019
- ECU School of Education 2021
- Leeming Schools Network Conference 2021
- Numerous Primary and Secondary Schools across Australia and New Zealand
About Mindful Movement Education
Our Mindful Movement courses are thoughtfully written by teachers, for teachers and anyone working with children and adolescents. We educate and empower educators, Yoga teachers, health professionals, parents, teens and children youth with Yoga and Mindfulness classes, online programs, training, and professional development courses founded on the principles of education, ethics and research.
Please get in touch should you have any questions. Email Regina at email@example.com
"Thank you so much for supporting our school on our Wellbeing journey. A number of staff have commented that this was one of the best Professional Learning Day's they've attended. We're looking forward to implementing our Mindful Movement brain breaks to support student AND staff wellbeing."
Kirsten Dicker, Beaconsfield Primary School
Optional Card Set:
Take advantage of the discounted Mindful Movement Classroom Yoga Card set as part of this booking.
his beautifully illustrated, diverse and inclusive Australian card set includes evidence based activities supporting brain-based learning and engagement for anybody working with children aged 0-13.
Suitable for school environments, early learning centres, health professionals (e.g. Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Social Workers) and parents and carers.
To support Social Emotional Learning, this card set is aligned with the Zones of Regulations (TM) helping the children identify which zone they’re in and how to regulate with an evidence-based Mindful Movement tool.
This comprehensive card set includes breathing exercises, movement (chair yoga), relaxation activities and mindfulness based morning fitness ideas.
Yogazeit is a registered Health Promotion Charity with the Australian Charities Commission. Our purpose is “to empower the physical, mental and social health and wellness for the young and young at heart”. We do this by providing evidence-based Mindfulness and Movement education, classes and training to children, young people and older adults.Our mission is to empower with Mindful Movement Education. One breath at a time.
IMPORTANT: We will endeavour to ship your Yoga Card Set at the earliest opportunity. We are based in Fremantle but occasionally all staff are out of the office visiting remote communities.