MindLabs - Introduction to Implementation Science
Overview of the workshop and myself:
This workshop will provide an overview of Implementation Science principles and introduce key concepts, definitions, and most common implementation frameworks. The Strengthening Care for Children trial will be set as an example for participants to understand the implementation process of complex interventions. During the workshop, participants will be introduced to the development of logic models and guided to develop their own to inform the implementation and process evaluation of their interventions.
Dr Carmen Crespo is a Research Associate with the UNSW Population Child Health Research Group. She is currently working on the implementation evaluation of several projects, including Strengthening Care for Children (SC4C) and Asthma Care from Home. Her research expertise lies in the implementation and long-term sustainability of healthcare services. She holds a Doctor of Philosophy from The University of Technology Sydney and a Master in Pharmaceutical Care from the University of Granada in Spain.
- Understand the key principles, terminology, and definitions of Implementation Science.
- Learn about the most common Implementation models and frameworks.
- Identify factors moderating the implementation of interventions.
- Understand the process for evaluating the implementation of interventions.
- Develop skills to design a logic model to inform the implementation and evaluation of interventions.