NZSA | Climate Change 101
The Sustainability Interest Group is hosting a sessional titled “Climate Change 101” on the 11th of December 2023 between 6.00pm and 7.30pm
This will be a hybrid session with in person sessions held at the Deloitte offices in both Auckland and Wellington along with the option to join virtually.
As risk management professionals who are required to act in the public’s best interest, it is our duty to be informed of the uncertainty created by climate risk as well as support public and private sectors to mitigate and adapt to the impact of climate change. With this in mind, the Sustainability Interest Group of NZSA will host a sessional on climate change to discuss how actuaries could get involved in the following:
- Progress made in climate action - a global and local perspective
- Inter-generational & intra-generational inequalities through the lens of climate change
- A deep dive into the New Zealand Climate Change Commission
- Incorporating climate change and sustainability into the corporate strategy & risk management framework
- Colin Thores (IFOA)
- Darren Fleming (Convenor of SIG | Deloitte)
- Sarah Elsey (Finity)
- Shami Shearer (AIA)
- Connor Sullivan (Finity)
Moderator: Shashini Abeygunawardena (EY)
We look forward to seeing you there!