'Opening the Door' Housing Workshop - Cairns
A face-to-face workshop, as part of the Opening the Door Queensland Disability & Housing Forum
Event date: Thursday 4th August 2022, from 10:00am - 2:00pm
Venue: Cairns Regional Council, 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns (Civic Rooms)
Registrations close Tuesday 2nd August at 8:00pm
This is a free event intended for people with disability, their families/ friends/ unpaid, carers and any support needed to attend. It is not open to other attendees.
At this four-hour face-to-face workshop, we will:
- Recap presentations and discussions from the three online sessions held the previous week:
- Pathways to Housing for People with Disability in Queensland
- Dealing with Tenancy Issues for People with Disability in Queensland
- National Disability Insurance Scheme – Home & Living supports
- Discuss current housing issues that you are facing
- Discuss opportunities to achieve choice and control with your housing and support options
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Accessibility & Reasonable Adjustments:
If you need assistance or reasonable adjustments to participate please provide details when registering.
Please note that we need a minimum of five business days' notice to book some types of supports, including AUSLAN interpreting.
More about the Opening the Door project
The Opening the Door project aims to support people with disability to achieve choice and control with their housing options through:
- Developing and sharing online resources
- Forums designed to both share information and gather experiences
- Support existing and establish new peer networks.
The project is for all people with disability regardless of their type of disability or age, and whether they are a participant in the NDIS or not.
Local Partner: Q Shelter
This project is being funded under the Australian Government’s Information, Linkages & Capacity Building program.
Rights & Inclusion Australia (R&IA) will have access to all information that you submit when you register to attend this event. We will be using this for the following purposes only:
- To coordinate your attendance at the event, and provide you with additional resources related to the event
- To issue surveys to people who register to attend this event. These will be voluntary to complete. They will assist the Opening the Door project to make sure that the project is best able to assist people with disability towards their housing goals. R&IA will issue a separate Participation Information Statement with all surveys.