Power BI DAX Foundations: July 2022
*Price includes VAT
*Looking to purchase multiple tickets? We are offering a 20% discount on orders of 3 or more tickets! Discount automatically applied at last stage of checkout.
Learn the foundational concepts of the DAX language to enrich Power BI data models and reports
Attendees of this one-day course will learn the foundational concepts of the DAX (Data Analysis eXpressions) language, equipping them with the skills to enrich their Power BI data models and reports. Being able to write effective DAX formulas is essential for getting the most out of your data in Power BI. DAX is the native formula and query language for Power BI Desktop, Microsoft PowerPivot and SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular models. DAX formulas are used in measures, calculated columns, calculated tables, and row-level security.
Content covered includes the following:
- Introduction & DAX Overview
- Variables, when and how to use them
- An introduction to the Table Functions you need to know
- Row Context and Filter Context, why they’re important, and how to use them
- Making the most of the powerful and versatile CALCULATE function
- How to leverage Relationships in DAX
- Using Time Intelligence functions such as SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR, PREVIOUSQUARTER, etc.