Pregnancy Yoga and Mindfulness - Aug 2023
Pregnancy Yoga and Mindfulness
5 Week Immersion (Peregian Beach)
Yoga and mindfulness techniques can benefit pregnancy, labour, birth and postpartum. This five week container explores trusting your intuition, movement for pregnancy and beyond, breathing for labour and birth, pelvic floor education and honouring birth as a rite of passage with Carly Cullen (certified yoga instructor and birth worker).
Supports all capabilities, BIPOC and LGBTQ+ inclusive.
- 5% of your investment will go towards Waminda Birthing on Country to help bridge the gap between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australian birthing women and their families.
- Each term there will be one free ticket available for anyone who is facing financial hardship.
- Payment plans available (email email@example.com)
Prenatal yoga benefits:
- Building and maintaining strength — from the moment you become pregnant your body releases the hormone relaxin (making your muscles, tissues and fibres softer in preparation for birth). This means your body may be more vulnerable than usual, certain poses should be avoided while others will help relieve pain/discomforts and help support your growing babe.
- Pelvic floor awareness — did you know that during a physiological (vaginal) birth your baby will use your pelvic floor muscles to help pivot and spiral their way to earth? Toning, engaging, awareness and autonomy of this muscle group will help baby move into the world. The pelvic floor muscles are also incredibly important postpartum in supporting your contracting uterus and maintaining integrity as your internal organs shift.
- Breath techniques — you will learn different ways to breathe to regulate your nervous system, relieve stress and worry while guiding you to the present moment. If you can activate your rest and relax response (parasympathetic nervous system) it will help to soften and open your body. Breathing techniques also calms and focuses the mind to help ride the waves of intensity.
- Time for you — an opportunity to quieten the noise. When was the last time you had an hour dedicated to your body and mind? An hour away from the screen or tending to others needs? Yoga provides space for you to get to know yourself and to connect to the growing being within you.
- Meet like-hearted folks — we’ve all heard the saying “it takes a village.” Community support is vital throughout pregnancy and while raising children. Meet others on this journey through friendship and support.
P: 0438 953 337