Prism LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity Training September 2022
Prism LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity Training is a one-day practical workshop for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans / Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
This training helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
We reference the latest research and thinking around affirmative practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
Prism will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
How to Book and Pay
- If you have an access code, please click "Enter Access Code" when you are registering. This will show you the ticket that corresponds with the access code.
- Payment methods: You can pay by Credit Card or request an invoice through Humanitix. Please note, if you choose to pay via invoice your tickets will not be sent out until payment has been received. To ensure your tickets are sent out please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your bank receipt/remittance.
About your reservation
- Please note Prism training requires minimum 10 people to run, so courses may be rescheduled within seven days of date scheduled to run.
- If you have any concerns about attending training in person, we can offer digital participation facilities. Please get in touch via email@example.com
- Training fees include a participant workbook, resource list and completion certificate. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea are provided.
- Changes to attendance dates or names are permitted within 7 days of the registered training date. Should you wish to cancel your registration or change attendance date or names within 7 days of the training date, you will be charged an administration fee of $50.
- Twenty10 may cancel a training session. If your session is cancelled you will be offered the choice of transferring to another training session or a full refund.
- Places are limited and the event may fill up at any time.
- Sessions will be held at 107 Projects, Redfern.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea included.
- This venue is wheelchair accessible. Video information on venue access is available here.
- Parking is limited at 107 Projects- if possible, we recommend catching public transport as Redfern Station is less than 10 minutes walk from the venue.
ABN: 14 925 105 160
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 8594 9555