Reusable nappy workshop - Online 12 Dec Moonee Valley
Register to learn more about reusable nappies and how you can reduce waste and save over $2000 for each nappy-wearing child.
Reusable nappies have transformed from the old-fashioned folded cloth nappies, commonly known as terry towels. They are now more user-friendly, compact, and available in a wide range of stylish designs. Whilst folded nappies can be useful for the newborn stage, reusable nappies come with improved designs and adjustable fastenings, making it easier to fit and use.
The workshop will cover:
- The different types of reusable nappies and how to choose one
- How to get the right fit, and how to adjust resizable nappies through the different stages of your baby's growth
- How to store and wash dirty nappies
- The cost savings of reusable nappies per nappy-wearing child
- The health and waste benefits of reusable nappies
- Hands-on activities to try reusable nappies.
Eligible participants* will receive a reusable nappy pack to try at no charge. The nappy packs include:
- 3 reusable nappies
- 2 reusable wipes
- 1 reusable wetbag
*To be eligible to receive a reusable nappy pack, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Live within one of the 14 Victorian Council areas of: Bayside City Council, Boroondara City Council, Brimbank City Council, Glen Eira City Council, Knox City Council, Maribyrnong City Council, Maroondah City Council, Monash City Council, Moonee Valley City Council, Nillumbik Shire Council, Stonnington City Council, City of Yarra, Yarra Ranges Shire Council, and Whitehorse City Council. Note: Where the number of participants exceeds the number of nappy packs available, priority will be given to Moonee Valley residents.
- Attend and participate in the entire workshop, including completing the Roll Call form
- Sign an agreement stating involvement in the program
- Complete the baseline survey and follow-up surveys
- Provide feedback and updates as requested by the project manager, such as nappy usage habits, changes and sharing insights
- Commit to regular use of the items from the reusable nappy pack and provide feedback
Participants will receive ongoing support via the web portal thenappyproject.com.au and associated resources, an online check in and two-way emails with updates and requests for feedback.
The project is managed by Ninti Earth (Chooktopia) on behalf of the 14 participating councils.
This project is supported by the Circular Economy Councils Fund. The Fund is delivered by Sustainability Victoria under the Victorian Government’s circular economy policy, Recycling Victoria: a new economy.