From wearable rehabilitation robots to Australia's first audio tourism platform, join us to celebrate our 2022 cohort of eight incredible startups at our virtual Demo Day event!
This event marks the conclusion of our 16-week accelerator program and is an opportunity to hear from each founder about how they’re harnessing the power of technological innovation to drive the inclusion of people with disability.
Since transitioning to an online, global accelerator we've been adapting our traditionally in-person Demo Day events to create the most accessible and impactful experience for all involved. But you might be wondering what exactly is involved in this virtual Demo Day?
This year, to accommodate the time zones of our global cohort (based in Australia, United States and the United Kingdom), we'll be hosting two virtual screenings of the 2022 startup pitches, followed by a chance to network. The startup founders will be looking for everything from investment, to new customers and network connections and everything in between!
Screening 2 Details
This screening accommodates the time zones of US and UK-based startups.
- 20 July, 10.00am PT ☀️
- 20 July, 1:00pm EST ☀️
- 20 July, 6:00pm BST 🌙
- 21 July, 3:00am AEST 🌙
Location: This is an online event that will be streamed via Zoom.
Accessibility and Inclusion: We strive to provide the most accessible and inclusive physical and/or virtual experiences. For this event, we will offer closed captions, sign interpreting, and also give guests the opportunity to request any additional accessibility accommodations in advance. We’re always looking to improve so if you have any advice or feedback that you wish to share please contact us at email@example.com.
Meet the 2022 Startups
- Nuroflux - the world's first wearable to non-invasively monitor brain activity and blood flow alongside other vital activity relevant to stroke and stroke rehabilitation.
- WearWorks® - WearWorks® is a haptic platform company that builds products and experiences that communicate information through touch.
- Homeable - creates personalised and inclusive smart home solutions to increase independence in the home.
- RecoveryVR - provides a fun and engaging, medication-free, virtual reality application that motivates more adherence to rehab activities in the home or clinic while also providing measurement data, adherence tracking and unlimited healthcare access using a custom-built telehealth portal.
- Participant Assistive Products - is democratizing high-quality assistive products and putting them within reach of unserved people, starting with the 70 million people who need but do not have a wheelchair or the mobility, health, inclusion, and dignity that an appropriate wheelchair can provide.
- Vacayit - Vacayit is Australia's first audio tourism platform, using storytelling to revolutionise travel for blind and low vision tourists.
- Biomotum - Biomotum’s wearable rehabilitation robots empower mobility and discovery in children with Cerebral Palsy.
- Accessercise - the first complete fitness app created specifically for the disability community.