Sharing the Kaupapa - Whai Wāhitanga: Active Youth Participation in Mentoring
Thanks to continued funding support from The Tindall Foundation, we are excited to announce a 3rd Series of our highly successful Sharing the Kaupapa workshops.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation however, we are unable to hold in-person workshops at the moment. Therefore, this first one is to be held on-line. Also, with limited numbers, invitations are targeted to the Auckland region in the first instance.
In this new workshop you will learn:
- more about effective mentoring, with a particular focus on the unique perspective of young people
- ways to involve young people in training others about youth mentoring
- how to support young people to share their experiences in mentoring
- what helps and hinders young people engaging in mentoring
- what needs to be in place to enable real youth participation
- about relevant models and frameworks, starting with mātauranga Māori and locating ourselves in a global context
- to reflect on your own, and your organisation’s capacity to involve young people in decisions that affect them
- specialised skills, in mentors and mentoring organisations, that encourage and support youth participation in decision making.
By bringing these workshops to the regions once again, we hope to strengthen regional and national networks in the well-established youth mentoring community.
There is a registration fee of $20 inclusive GST and booking fee, to cover resource costs. You will receive a comprehensive workbook.
To find out more about the workshop, visit our website https://www.youthmentoring.org.nz/training/mentoring_guide_workshops.cfm?cache=183402