Joel Levitt | Planning & Scheduling Course | 5 sessions | Feb 15, 16, 18, 22, 23
Joel Levitt VIRTUAL COURSE - Planning & Scheduling (5 Sessions)
(February 15, 16, 18, 22 & 23 - all sessions commence 10:30am-12:30pm AEDT and run for ~2hr)
Online Planning & Scheduling Workshop
(Note: this is the 2 day brochure - content & learning outcomes are the same)
Joel is the consummate Maintenance Systems and Practices presenter with vast experience in many industries throughout the world. This workshop is specifically aimed at anyone involved with maintenance planning and scheduling. Joel takes trainees through his in-depth program giving expert guidance in the methodologies and strategies and tactics to help your business towards world-class planning and scheduling. Is reliability of your plant and the performance of your maintenance department part of your competitive advantage strategy? If so, Joel Levitt’s planning and scheduling workshop should be a fundamental building block for the development of your maintenance team.
An in-depth look at all aspects of maintenance planning & scheduling functions. Maintenance leaders will share a common language and vision. The course covers the collaborative approach to decision making and cohesion with other departments required for overall success.
Session 1: What is planning and why plan maintenance jobs?
- How to Sell Planning & Scheduling to your management?
- Where does the ROI (Return on Investment) come from?
- The Nature of Maintenance Activities.
- Metrics of Planning and Scheduling
Session 2: Planning
- What are the steps in effective planning?
- Job safety analysis (JSA)
- Complete description of the planner’s job.
- The complete planning process.
Session 3: Estimating, Crew Size & Manpower Requirements.
- Estimation and slotting
- What are the contents of a complete planned job package?
Session 4: Preparatory activity to scheduling
- Calculating available hours from maintenance workers.
- Coordination with Operations and Coordination meeting.
Session 5: Scheduling Maintenance Work.
- Job loading until available hours are used up.
- Create a credible schedule that takes all the constraints into account.
- Job execution and feedback with job closeout and follow up
- The course requires homework to be completed, and submitted to Joel for marking. There will still be the same opportunity for discussions and chat with Joel in this delivery model.
- Prioritizing jobs and backlog: Working out what's important and dealing with them effectively
- Enacting the plan: Understanding the importance of prior preparation
- Ongoing CMMS development: The importance of work order feedback from trades to streamlining your CMMS
- How to improve productivity: Learning the techniques to get more out of your existing workforce by working smarter not harder
- Calendar and ready backlog: Having planned jobs ready to draw on when your plan hits a roadblock improves maintenance output
- Measuring and monitoring success: How to keep hold of your improvements
- Comparison to world-class: Improve teamwork and job satisfaction.
The course requires homework to be completed, and submitted to our admin which we then get Joel to check and annotate with recommendations and return to you. There will still be the same opportunity for discussions and chat with Joel in this delivery model.
About Joel Levitt
Joel Levitt is an international expert trainer & 15 time Author in his chosen field of maintenance systems and practices. Joel has trained more than 18,000 managers, engineers, supervisors, maintenance planners, team leaders from over 3,000 organisations and 500+ sessions in 36 countries. With decades of hands-on experience. Joel is an expert in all facets of maintenance management, including management skills, preventative maintenance, inventory control, CMMS design and system installation. A seasoned International Specialist Workshop author of more than 14 books and 200+ articles we have no doubt Joel can help you on your maintenance continuous improvement journey.
What do I need?
We will be using video conferencing for the course delivery. You will need a computer with online access, as well as video and audio in an area away from background noise.
What comes with the course?
Each trainee receives:
- PDF copy of his latest course manual
- Joel's 'Maintenance Planning, Coordination, & Scheduling' - E-Book
Who should attend?
This course is applicable to everyone from engineering and maintenance managers through to team leaders and even influential shop floor leader roles. If you want to set up or improve your maintenance practices then this course and trainer is a great option for you.
What does it cost to attend?
Early Birds have access to discounted tickets up until December 31st.
Normal rates: Member $1350 + GST & General Admission $1650 + GST will apply from Dec 31st.
When do I need to register by?
Bookings open until the Friday before the event unless sold out
Who can I contact for further information?
Jeff +61 409 535 239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for group booking discounts