SIRF NZ | Ron Moore - Operational Excellence for Overall Business Success (6 x 2.5hr sessions April 26, 27, 28 & May 3, 4, 5)
Ron Moore - Operational Excellence for Overall Business Success
(SIX Online Sessions | April 26, 27, 28 & May 3, 4, 5 - all sessions commence 12:00pm NZST and run for 2.5hr)
(Note: this is the 2 day brochure - content & learning outcomes are the same)
Ron is renowned around the world for his work in Operational Excellence.
If you're only going to do one course in your life, this should be it!
An in-depth look at all aspects of business from procurement, stores, projects, operations, maintenance, reliability, cross functional collaboration, target setting & overall business strategy to name a few. Leaders will gain common language, vision & purpose.
- Part 1: Business Overview
- General Overview
- Relationship between Reliability, Safety, Costs, and Environmental Performance
- Aligning the Marketing and Manufacturing Strategies
- Overview of the Reliability Process
- Part 2 - The Reliability Process –
Role of Design, Procurement, Stores and Installation/Startup
- Design for Reliability
- Lowest life cycle costs vs. lowest installed cost
- Payback and its limitation
- Determining the up-front investment for applying life cycle cost principles
- Key questions to ask
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Developing supplier alliances
- Determining what to keep in your storeroom
- Determining the cost of not having the parts you need
- The risk of defects during startup
- The importance of precision in installation
- The criticality of excellent lube practices
- Part 3 - The Reliability Process – Operating
- Causes of lost production
- Process conformance model
- Shift handover practices
- Operator care – Operator-Owner & Maintainer-Improver Roles
- Part 4 - The
Reliability Process – Maintenance Practices
- Preventive Maintenance – time-based
- Predictive Maintenance – condition based
- Proactive Maintenance – root cause-based
- Planning & Scheduling
- Part 5 – Strategy for Implementation
- What Tool? When? Hierarchy for Using the Various Tools
- Lean Manufacturing
- Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Business Level FMEA, Combining RCM and TPM, and Case Studies
- Part 6 - Organizational Issues
- Aligning the Organization
- Organizational Structure
- Managing Cultural Change
- Performance Measurement
- Summary and
- Operational Excellence and Reliability Principles: How to maximize uptime, improve quality and minimize costs through relentless application of defect elimination
- Leadership and Cultural Change: Understanding the difference between leadership and management. Learn how to create a culture of operational excellence in your organization and sustain the efforts in the long-term
- Improvement strategy: How to develop a business case for operational excellence and win support from business leaders. How to develop the plan, prioritize efforts. How to align your leadership in a common strategy and engage your workforce in delivering your improvement plan
- Benchmarking to worlds best practice: Learn the different approaches to operational excellence for all departments and what is limiting your current capacity. Understand how your operation compares to worlds best practice
The course requires homework to be completed (during the session if time permits), and submitted for Ron to check and provide feedback to the group at the
next session. Each participant will work on their own project at home, submit the worksheet provided by Ron for him
to annotate and return it with his feedback. There will still be the plenty of opportunity for discussions &
question time with Ron in this delivery model.
About Ron Moore
Ron is the Managing Partner of The RM Group, is an internationally recognized authority on reliability and
manufacturing strategies. His efforts principally focus on improving reliability of manufacturing plants, and
therefore, increasing production capacity and reducing operating and maintenance costs. This is done through the
strategic planning and implementation of various operations and maintenance practices, systems, and
Ron is an 6 times Author including his best seller Making Common Sense Common Practice: Models for Manufacturing Excellence and selecting the Right Manufacturing Improvement Tools - What Tool? When? He has also authored over 30 journal articles. Ron has over 30 years of experience working in the industrial manufacturing field and was formerly the president of a predictive maintenance technologies supplier. SIRF Roundtables has been sponsoring Ron Moore’s visits to Australia for 30 years and he has well-established credibility around the world.
What do I need?
We will be using video conferencing for the course delivery. You will need a computer with online access, as well as video and audio in an area away from background noise.
What comes with the course?
Each trainee receives:
- PDF copy of Ron's latest course manual
- Ron's 'Making Common Sense Common Practice' E-Book
Who should attend?
This course is applicable to everyone from stores/procurement, through reliability, safety, engineering, maintenance, operations, continuous improvement to operations & senior management. If you want to set up or improve your business practices then this course and trainer is a great option for you.
What does it cost to attend?
- SIRF Member - $1450 pp NZD
- SIRF Member (3 or more) - $1160 pp NZD
- General Admission - $1950 pp NZD
- General Admission (3 or more) - $1560 pp NZD
Do I need to book onto all 6 events?
NO. We'll ensure you receive the video conference calendar links for the 6 x Sessions once your booking has been completed.
When do I need to register by?
Bookings open until the day before the event unless sold out
Who can I contact for further information or in-house courses / coaching?
Jeff +61409 535 239 or email@example.com
Please contact us for group booking discounts.